RVL8 skiboards vs. Summit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RVL8 skiboards vs. Summit

OK, I'll admit not knowing squat about Summit boards, which is why I posted this thread.

What's the difference between the 2 brands? Being an avid R8 fan, I don't see any instance that I would buy anything else (but I wouldn't say NO to a freebie; hint, hint... )

Just thought I'd ask, I'm just trying to learn!
    If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.

Independent Beachbody Coach
    www.GetFitnessFast.com
    www.FastFitShake.com
    www.facebook.com/CoachHeidiG

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
    '07 BWP's
    2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
    Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Just wait until Jack chimes in.

I've had three different Summit boards. They were nice enough, but I prefer RVL8.
    Last edited by Greco; 02-16-2015, 06:54 PM.
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

HA! Thanks Sempai. I'm surprised Jack didn't get some little alarm to start screaming at him just from this post going up. I'm sure he'll chime in. I look forward to it!

www.GetFitnessFast.com
      www.FastFitShake.com

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
      '07 BWP's
      2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
      Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

Originally posted by Belle1708 View Post
        HA! Thanks Sempai. I'm surprised Jack didn't get some little alarm to start screaming at him just from this post going up. I'm sure he'll chime in. I look forward to it!
        Short answer is boards are okay but the company/service are lacking at times....... I'm betting you'll get a book from Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by rgzip View Post
          Short answer is boards are okay but the company/service are lacking at times....... I'm betting you'll get a book from Jack.
          Here is the long answer .......
          http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=11005
          Boards :
          Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
          Boots
          K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
          Bindings:
          Zero Pro Non release Binding
          Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
          Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
          Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
          Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Consider myself schooled. I didn't realize they were the "house" brand for skiboards.com. That was pretty much all I needed to know. The rest, sadly, I was already aware.

Thanks Jack!

www.GetFitnessFast.com
            www.FastFitShake.com

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
            '07 BWP's
            2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
            Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

Here's another http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=12034.

Boards are actually fine, but given the fact that the direct mounted releasable bindings actually pulled out, is an example of what is meant by the company "lacking sometimes"
              Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
              Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
              Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Btw, I think it is AWESOME to see a few international places selling R8!

Keep up the GREAT work G!!!

www.GetFitnessFast.com
                www.FastFitShake.com

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
                '07 BWP's
                2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
                Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

Summit boards are good. I like the Marauder a lot. The direct mounting of the binding sucks. The company has no scruples and sucks.
                  Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
                  Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
                  Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
                  History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Btw, I think it is AWESOME to see a few international places selling R8!

Keep up the GREAT work G!!!
                    Indeed, thanks Heidi - http://www.RVL8skiboards.com/dealers.html
                    Last edited by Greco; 02-16-2015, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Wow G, I can't tell you how awesome it is to see that! I know how painful and rewarding it can be to have your own company. My husband is a contractor (we own our own construction company), and we are, thankfully, quite busy and have remained successful through these hard times. I think it speaks to the caliber of character of the person running the show. You, G, have clearly put your heart and soul into R8, and it shows. Having found your products, I never intend on buying any other. I do "vote" with my $, and you have my vote. I wish more people had the conviction you do to pursue something they love. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't found skiboards. It sounds so trivial to say that 2 sticks changed my life, but they really have. Being a Florida girl, I longed for a real snow sport experience. Having tried snowboarding which was just "ok" in my book, skiboards gave me EXACTLY what I wanted. I can't say enough good about the R8 community. I LOVE IT HERE!!!

www.GetFitnessFast.com
                      www.FastFitShake.com

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
                      '07 BWP's
                      2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
                      Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

Another big difference between RVL8 and Summit: Further than simply pushing products to a market, RVL8 invests in riders and the skiboarding community. Summit does not.
                        Last edited by Greco; 02-16-2015, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Wow G, I can't tell you how awesome it is to see that! I know how painful and rewarding it can be to have your own company. My husband is a contractor (we own our own construction company), and we are, thankfully, quite busy and have remained successful through these hard times. I think it speaks to the caliber of character of the person running the show. You, G, have clearly put your heart and soul into R8, and it shows. Having found your products, I never intend on buying any other. I do "vote" with my $, and you have my vote. I wish more people had the conviction you do to pursue something they love. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't found skiboards. It sounds so trivial to say that 2 sticks changed my life, but they really have. Being a Florida girl, I longed for a real snow sport experience. Having tried snowboarding which was just "ok" in my book, skiboards gave me EXACTLY what I wanted. I can't say enough good about the R8 community. I LOVE IT HERE!!!
                          Thank you Heidi, stories like yours make what I do more even more rewarding and enjoyable. I've said it before, but it bears repeating, you all and your passion for our sport are what keep it, and me, going. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Greco View Post
                            Thank you Heidi, stories like yours make what I do more even more rewarding and enjoyable. I've said it before, but it bears repeating, you all and your passion for our sport are what keep it, and me, going. Thank you!
                            You are MOST welcome G!

www.GetFitnessFast.com
                            www.FastFitShake.com

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
                            '07 BWP's
                            2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
                            Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

Working...
                            X