105 or 110 cm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 105 or 110 cm?

OK, I've already gotten wonderful input from G and Pinkkid. (*No offense Shelley, I DO trust your opinion, I'm just curious to what others think) But I am thinking about some longer boards. I am a 5'4", 128lb, female, who loves her 98's (THANK YOU SHELLEY!) I want some added stability and they both think the soft ALP's (only a few left ) are the perfect fit. I had always thought that the Revolts would be my next set, but I've been told (Shelley... ) that they are a little grippy. This question may be all for not, if I can't come up with the $$$ to buy another set before this trip. But I thought I'd still put this out to the masses to see what others thought. I love my BWP's, but I want more speed and stability. Thanks to those who already commented (previous thread) on improving my technique. I will be certain to stay on edge more this trip to see if that helps.

And if the soft ALP's are all sold out by the time I'm ready to buy, what should I do then?!?!

So, let me know what YOUR suggestions are. I feel very competent on my boards, and I do some very little playing around in the park. And by very little, I mean, small boxes, tiny jumps, etc... I'm not brave enough for rails yet.

THANKS ALL!!!
    If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.

Independent Beachbody Coach
    www.GetFitnessFast.com
    www.FastFitShake.com
    www.facebook.com/CoachHeidiG

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
    '07 BWP's
    2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
    Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

more speed and stability? go with the 110s

i went from the 98 bwps to the 105 revolts for the same reason and loved them but im sure the 110s are even better

Comment

I can't speak for the 105s. I've never ridden a pair. I do have two pair of ALPs with plans to buy DLPs. I can tell you there is a significant stability and speed increase when going from the 98s to the 110s. You should get good float out of them also at your size.
      Boards/Bindings:
      2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
      2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
      Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
      Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Go SOFT SOFT SOFT! Soft is the future... its taken a while to get there
        Crossbow (go to dream board)
        Most everything else over time.
        Go Android

Comment

for you I wouldnt go above 105. You have a smaller frame and 110's may start to feel more like skis than skiboards for you. try the 105s.

-B
          sigpic

Comment

It is all about the Revolts. I love my 105cm Chickens over any board. I've ridden absolutely every type of terrain on them with zero problems. As I have started to work with Condors this year that is strictly in the backcountry. I rode 110s for one day of filming, bud did not enjoy them anywhere near as much as the 105cm Revolts. I, like you, am shorter and smaller framed. Branden is right in the concept of what he describes. The 110s start to feel a bit long for all around riding. The Revolts feel a lot more versatile in riding. I went from 98cm B-Dubs to 105cm Revolts (that I wont of Branden last summer in a bet) and had zero problems going from one to the other. Trust me, you will love riding Revolts.
            I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Hmm... this isn't going to be an easy decision. Unless the soft ALP's sell out before I get the chance to buy a set, then I'll probably stick with the Revolts.

What is the flex like on the Revolts? I'm pretty sure I want softer over stiffer, like the KTP's.

www.GetFitnessFast.com
              www.FastFitShake.com

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
              '07 BWP's
              2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
              Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

Hi, Belle!
                Having gone from the 103 MJ's to the Revolts, I can say that for me the increased width and tiny jump in length made a big difference in speed and stability--and this is at 5'10" 145 lbs. At your size--and going from 98s--I think you are going to be crazy over the Revolts.
                To be fair, the soft ALPs ARE my "happy place" boards now, and I won't be using my Revolts any more. With my height I like having a little extra length in the deeper snow we've been venturing into lately. Also, like the 120s, they offer what I call that "cadillac" ride--Niiiice and smooth. But you have to decide at what point you think you'll lose the short, playful skiboard feel as you have more board to manage relative to your height.
                From my limited riding, I'd guess the Revolts aren't as flexy as the 2007 ALP, but someone who actually knows will have to verify that. Since you do a little park, they could also tell you whether more stiffness would help or hinder in that department.
                The Revolts will be fun and maneuverable and will take you anywhere on the mountain--I can't see how either board would disappoint, so just pick your favorite graphics!
                '07 "soft" ALPs
                Eyeball DLPs
                125 LEs
                Ospreys mounted bindings
                Crossbows
                Spruce riser release bindings
                Sometimes borrower of Chad's spare Blunt XLs

Comment

I always figured that I would get the Revolts, but when Shelley got her soft 110's, she got me to consider those. Who knows... A part of me wants those soft ALP's to sell out so I won't have a choice. I have a hard time with indecision

I do really like the Trees and Fr33dom's... Oy...

www.GetFitnessFast.com
                  www.FastFitShake.com

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
                  '07 BWP's
                  2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
                  Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

Revolt's, go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's what you are wanting and they will be a very nice fit for you. They are are great all mountain board at 105cm, you will gain some speed & stability, you can work your way to the most perfect 110cm later! LOL!
                    C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Fine, crazy woman, REVOLTS it is! Now, just gotta find the $$$. Darn you for selling your pair. I'll work my way up to the 110's. Remember, I'm not as seasoned as you are!

So, if someone has a pair of nice Revolts they're willing to part with, preferably Trees, LET ME KNOW!!!

www.GetFitnessFast.com
                      www.FastFitShake.com

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
                      '07 BWP's
                      2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
                      Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

Working...
                      X