Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Spruce Lineup

Where's the boards?

I was so looking forward to seeing the new Spruce lineup today.

The Spruce skiboards have not generally followed the annual release schedule that the Revel8 skiboards are on.
    sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

And it seems that they are more produced on the basis of when the last set of boards sell out instead of launching new models every year. Even G does the same thing if he has plenty of one size of board left over. It's the reason you don't see a new set of every board every season.
      I do it because I can.
      I can because I want to.
      I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
      '08 KTPs

Comment

What, no planned obsolescence? No releasing something "new" that is nothing more than a new paint job? No inconsequential, minor modifications that are presented as "changing the way we skiboard".

Man, no one around here is going to make a dime off these things. I don't know what these so-called "businessmen" are thinking. You almost get the impression these people are "honest" and doing all this out of some form of "passion".

I just hope they never "wake up". I love them so much with that touch of sleep in their eyes.
        "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society" Jiddu Krisnamurti

Spruce Sherpa - RVL8 KTP - RVL8 Blunt XL

Comment

What about the direct-mounted Fritschi binding on the Sherpa? That was a prototype last season, and according to the honourable jjue, performed very well. Is it it going to be released as a commercial option?
          Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
          Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
          Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
            What about the direct-mounted Fritschi binding on the Sherpa? That was a prototype last season, and according to the honourable jjue, performed very well. Is it it going to be released as a commercial option?
            Hi Ysb33r . the Fritschi direct mounted Sherpa is available for immediate purchase now .. it is sold directly by Jeff Singer at Spruce and not through the SBOL store .. if anyone is interested in purchasing this contact Jeff singer directly at Spruce . I am not sure what the price is and Jeff will let you know .
            I think this is a fabulous product and is great for ski area use as well as backcountry use . Besides myself . the combination has been ridden by three other riders with excellent results including Skafreak on the forum .
            Here is the contact information for those interested in purchasing the Fritschi mounted Sherpa .

Jeff Singer
            Spruce Mountain Skiboards, LLC
            90 Grafton Road
            Wilmot, NH 03287
            603-768-3569
            contact@spruceski

For those who have not seen the thread here are some reviews and pictures of the new Fritschi mounted Spruce Sherpa
            http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...php?t=11149#en
            Boards :
            Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
            Boots
            K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
            Bindings:
            Zero Pro Non release Binding
            Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
            Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
            Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
            Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Yup, I can definitely vouch for the Sherpas with Fritschi touring binding as being excellent in the bc. They held my heavy arse up on top of absolutely bottomless powder without even batting an eye. I can't vouch for how the bindings change the ride when charging on piste since I only rode them in the bc, but I would assume they are pretty much the same as the normal Sherpas.

As for new things, I'm sure if we give Spruce some time that we will eventually get another gem like the 120's and the Sherpas.
              I do it because I can.
              I can because I want to.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

'08 KTPs

Comment

I would be all over a set of rockered Sherpas.

Comment

I've been kinda pushing for something similar for a while now. It is a small enough community that if enough people start asking, the people who can make it happen will probably do so.
                  I do it because I can.
                  I can because I want to.

'08 KTPs

Comment

Working...
                  X