Oh man... My receptors are bend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh man... My receptors are bend!

Hello again after a wee while of absence, SBOL, I was very busy with exams and stuff like that... But back to the point. After having a close look at my KTP's for the first time in a couple of months, I noticed a small gap between the metal receptor binding and the rubber bumper, but only at the front of the binding (around .5 of a cm). First reaction, I start to panic and nearly kick myself in the face for forgetting to loosen the screws before putting them into hibernation. Surprise surprise, nothing. Screws were nice and loose. So I guess this is the result of an issue I had with my (cheap) boots. My left boot would fit fine into the binding, but I always had a problem with my right boot, as it was either a tad too lose in one position, and one tooth further down the binding it took all my strength to close. So I guess I kindof bend the front of the binding a bit when doing this. Any ideas how to fix it without snapping the front off?
    Oh and I do think that it affects my riding ability, because last time I went, I could carve fine to the left, but carving right was hopeless.
    Line Jedis
    Line Bullets
    '11 KTP's
    2xFF cams
    '11 silver receptors
    Full Tilt Booters

Originally posted by Fast View Post
    Hello again after a wee while of absence, SBOL, I was very busy with exams and stuff like that... But back to the point. After having a close look at my KTP's for the first time in a couple of months, I noticed a small gap between the metal receptor binding and the rubber bumper, but only at the front of the binding (around .5 of a cm)..
    hey fast ,, i can't quite understand what you are you saying ? do you mean the base plate is cracked ?? i recommend you take a picture and contact Greco directly via email and share the picture with him... I am sure he would be able to help you one way or the other ....
    Boards :
    Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
    Boots
    K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
    Bindings:
    Zero Pro Non release Binding
    Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
    Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
    Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
    Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

indeed, hit me up at greco@skiboardsonline.com we'll take care of you.

Comment

super human?
        facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

Could also just be from a defect mixed with some aggressive riding. The baseplates were pretty minimalistic to begin with, so minor flaws could lead to the baseplate bending. It is always a careful balance trying to use as little material as possible while keeping the bindings as strong as possible. Most manufacturing tries to keep the failures outside of a 3 sigma deviation, but with very few samples and not producing the equipment in house, it is a bit harder to control.
          I do it because I can.
          I can because I want to.
          I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
          '08 KTPs

Comment

Ok I send him an email.
            I'm sorry it won't let me upload any pictures on here, but the baseplate is not cracked, it is just bend.
            Line Jedis
            Line Bullets
            '11 KTP's
            2xFF cams
            '11 silver receptors
            Full Tilt Booters

Comment

Originally posted by Fast View Post
              Ok I send him an email.
              I'm sorry it won't let me upload any pictures on here, but the baseplate is not cracked, it is just bend.
              Greco will take care of you just right if it is indeed a manufacturer's issue. The receptors are only on their 2nd year of commercial availability, so it is understandable if one out of every 1,000,000 might have a minor imperfection.

Comment

.5 cm is not too bad if it was like a 30 degree bend or more bending them back could snap them or weaken them but that slight of a bend bending them back wont hurt them..
                Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Comment

Working...
                X