BWP Debut at Snowshoe Mountain!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BWP Debut at Snowshoe Mountain!

I finally got to go skiboarding on REAL skiboards, my OWN REAL skiboards! I purchased a pair of BWP's from Greco a while ago, and last week they were put through the ringer when my husband and I spent the week at Snowshoe Mtn in WV. I took to them like a duck to water. They were smooth, fast, nimble, and would turn without even having to think about turning.

Fortunately and unfortunately, I beat them up more than I expected I would. It broke my heart to see each new ding and scratch I put on them, but it also made me proud that I was trying stuff that would ding them up! I practiced lots of 360 spins (that's where I dinged them up the most) and I even conquered the small terrain park. I didn't do anything crazy, I'm 30 for goodness sake, but I very easily did a large flat box, a box rail and a small jump. Those are all things I would have never tried if it weren't for skiboards.

I had so much fun, we did 90% of all the trails on the mountain. Blacks were no problem, and most of those were pretty icy. I wasn't as fast as my snowboarding husband, but I didn't expect to be. I kept up much better than I had hoped for, and there were even times that I flew right past him! If I can figure it out, I'll post a little video of me in the terrain park. I'm at work, and only have so much time at one sitting to goof off and check in on SBOL!

But all in all, I LOVED them. They were truly a blast. Though I did start to yearn for boards that were a wee bit longer to increase my speed and stability. Oh man, the bug has bitten me big time. Thank goodness I love my bindings, so buying new boards to add to my quiver won't break the bank. Maybe I'll look into Revolts for next year!

THANK YOU GRECO, this sport has changed my life!
    If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.

Independent Beachbody Coach
    www.GetFitnessFast.com
    www.FastFitShake.com
    www.facebook.com/CoachHeidiG

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
    '07 BWP's
    2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
    Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Awesome!
    Line Jedis
    Line Bullets
    '11 KTP's
    2xFF cams
    '11 silver receptors
    Full Tilt Booters

Comment

OK, here's my little terrain park video. I know it's nothing spectacular or impressive, but darnit I had a ton of fun doing this!

YAY ME!

www.GetFitnessFast.com
      www.FastFitShake.com

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
      '07 BWP's
      2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
      Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

Very, very cool. Good on ya'. Welcome to the Revel8 club.
        Skis: Armada JJs, Armada Magic Js and Icelantic Keepers
        Bindings: Marker Griffon, Look Pivot
        Full Tilt Boots
        Past: Revel8 Tanshos, KTPs, Revolts, DLPs, Condors; Spruce Raptors, 120s, Sherpas

Comment

Well there you are Belle..... SKIBOARDING!!!.... FINALLY!!... YEAH!

Love it!

You are gonna have a blast on those for some time!
          Pick up the Alps next. Which reminds me I need to order mine!

Suuuure hope we can meet up at SF4!!!! Save the pennies!

Here is my email address, I almost MISSED this post and would have been bummed to have!
          pinkkid_2000@yahoo.com or sbright@calpoly.edu

Shelley
          C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Originally posted by Belle1708 View Post

YAY ME!
            You go Girl! Yeah, YAY YOU! Hopefully we will get to ride together next year in Tahoe - you can show me some things. I can identify with the good time you had on your new boards. -marianne

Comment

Why thank you ladies!

Shelley, I thought about sending it to you yesterday but I got swamped and didn't get the time to, so I'm glad you found my post! And yes, while I know I will love having these boards for some time to come, I'm already contemplating what boards to try next. I don't know if I'm brave enough to jump straight to the ALP, I may go the Revolt route, but I have TONS of time to decide. I'm glad I didn't get the KTP's, the BWP's were perfect.

I would LOVE to come to SF4, but I don't know if that's going to happen. My husband developed a bit of a flying phobia on our last trip out there, we had a REALLY rough flight. But, Tahoe will always be someplace near and dear to my heart, so we'll eventually make it back out there. I'm glad to have found Snowshoe, the drive isn't bad, and even though it's a comparatively small mountain, it's a great mountain, we love it there too.

Marianne, I appreciate the vote of confidence! We had SO much fun playing around in the "baby" terrain park. I wanted to try more, but I didn't want to push my luck. Next time will be a different story.

www.GetFitnessFast.com
              www.FastFitShake.com

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
              '07 BWP's
              2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
              Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

Great to see you gone some nice shiney boards the main thing is you having fun. don't worry bout what others think.... if you enjoy it.. keep doing it
                Unless you risk it, you don't know what it is.
                *Proud designer of the SBOL hoodie*

Comment

Working...
                X