Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter 2020 in the Canadian Rockies! (& Kootenays)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter 2020 in the Canadian Rockies! (& Kootenays)

I'm back at Kicking Horse this season, and a trip to Whitewater and/or Red Mountain is probably in the cards at some point.

Let me know if you're in the neighbourhood, and I'll show you where the gnarlies are!

Make Skiboarding Sexy Again

I'm going to be skiing Banff Sunshine, Revelstoke and Lake Louise from January 25th to Feb 4th on a holiday.

Comment

I'm at Sunshine Village Sunday Dec 8th, only for the day.

Let me know.

Kurt

Comment

Kurt, I'll still be in Nelson on the 8th (away for school until the 14th), so I can't make that one.

SBruce, why not spend a day at the Horse on the way to Revelstoke? I know enough staff that I can possibly connect you with friends & family discount (I can get a 25% discount for people with my pass, but staff F&F tickets are usually about $40, and maybe buy 'em a beer as a thank you). I work Monday-Friday, so it'd have to be a weekend.

Comment

Steeps I skied Kicking Horse and Silver Star last time I was out that way. We are doing 3 resorts we didn't get to do last time and are staying with friends in Revelstoke so it comes down to having enough time. I'm an old fart who can only handle skiing every second day ;-)

Comment

Heh, no worries. Let me know your schedule closer to your arrival, and I'll see if I can swing a day at another resort. I'm no spring chicken, but I get to use the excuse of being a starving student this year.

Revy's supposed to be a great resort, but I haven't hit it since the new hill opened. The former ski hill before the expansion was so small they'd pay you a nickel to ski it*.

*true story. A dorm bed in Revelstoke used to be $20/night, but the ski and stay deal was $19.95... so it was cheaper if you took the ski pass.

Comment

Banff Sunshine January 26th, Revelstoke January 28th or 29th (weather dependent), Lake Louise February 2nd

Comment

Working...
              X