Kootenay BC area Skiboarding 2018/19 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kootenay BC area Skiboarding 2018/19 season

Any one up for some group (my family of 3 skiboarders, and we have another friend that is getting his first set this year!) skiboarding on the POWDER HIGHWAY? Our local hill is Kimberley Alpine Resort, but we are planning on going out to Fernie, Panorama, and Kicking horse this year as usual. We are also hoping to get out to RED, Whitewater, and possibly Revelstoke!

Let me know if any of you are planning on making the trip out to the Kootenays, it would be awesome to get together and ride!

Any skill level, we will ride with all! I personally like the trees and moguls, but playing around on the groomers is almost as good

Heh, replied elsewhere already, but yep! Currently in Golden.

Haven't tried Kimberly out yet.

I haven't met a better hill than Whitewater for tree riding, and will try to get there at least once this season. Red's a great hill for the sheer variety of terrain, but it's probably farther than I'll venture this season (had a cheap student pass there last year, but still rode at Whitewater three times as much).
    BOARDSLAYER
    Base / Edge Destruction X X X
    Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Originally posted by Steeps View Post
      Heh, replied elsewhere already, but yep! Currently in Golden.

Haven't tried Kimberly out yet.

I haven't met a better hill than Whitewater for tree riding, and will try to get there at least once this season. Red's a great hill for the sheer variety of terrain, but it's probably farther than I'll venture this season (had a cheap student pass there last year, but still rode at Whitewater three times as much).
      That would be great. No rcr pass this year, but we are planning for next year, if we are planning a trip I will let you know! Would be great to ride with more peeps this year.

Comment

Hey, is Kimberly opening this weekend? The Horse is scheduled to open (it will be limited terrain, getting back to the village will require downloading on a chairlift), but the deal on RCR hill is that you can ski for free at the others if your hill isn't open.

I was almost hoping for a delayed start to check out another hill for free.... Kimberly or Nakiska in this case. Fernie might be the best bet from your neck of the woods.
        BOARDSLAYER
        Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

We opened up Fernie and Kicking horse and Kimberley this year I think we were out in Golden on the Sunday of opening weekend. I totally forgot to mention it here...... If we get back up there again we will definetley post here!

Snow is not spectacular here but I saw Kicking horse had 22cm overnight last week! are conditions any better up there??

Comment

It's snowing like crazy up here right now... and since most of the Calgarians are done their holidays, it might actually stay put for a few days. We had a good dump last week, but it got scrubbed off pretty quickly. The mountain's in pretty good shape overall, and much, much better than opening weekend. The lower half could use some more snow on the main green runs (Catamount area), but the high alpine is pretty decent.

Might have seen you on opening weekend, I saw a couple of skiboarders coming down under the Stairway chair at one point in the early season. Two on boards and one on longer skis I think?
            BOARDSLAYER
            Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Could have been us! 22cm in kicking horse overnight Enjoy!! We only got 6cm! But I'll take it😎

Comment

I missed the big mid-week dump, but yesterday was the best day of the season (so far). Most of the Albertans were heading back after the holidays, and the report said only a trace of snow, so lines were non-existent. Most of the locals left by mid-afternoon as the visibility wasn't great... all snowfall.

We got tipped off by a patroller on the gondy that T2 was about to open, so the group I was with hiked out and got untouched lines down some pretty great terrain. Even got a bit of sun on the hike, along with the snow! It puked snow most of the day, and in the afternoon the wind picked up and filled in the north sides of CPR and Redemption Ridge (into Feuz bowl). I was hitting untouched powder from around 2 til the end of the day.

Best runs were dropping off from the gun tower into Feuz and an absolute stonker down CPR to Boxcar, through Briggs Brag to Bubbly and whatever I was on from there to bottom. Dropped 3800 ft of vertical in 7 minutes. Not the quickest route to bottom, but probably one of the most fun! The top chute (Boxcar) is only about 6 ft wide at the top, perfect for skiboards. :
                BOARDSLAYER
                Cores Snapped X X X

Comment

Working...
                X