No announcement yet.

Wachusett Post-and-Go Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No worries. Snow was good (and has been good since the major storm). mhealy goes Thursdays, but a bit earlier, 3-7ish.

Comment

I'll be hitting up Wachusett either Tuesday or Wednesday is week, 6-10. Let me know if you're interested, but I'm plaiting to see how the roads are/how the is progressing through today.

Comment

Hi all, bumping from last year to see what the interest level is for nights. I'll be going at least once a week at night, likely twice/thrice depending on other activities and snow conditions (have to make the season pass worth it).

Post here if a certain night works best on a recurring basis, and let's see if we can get a group ride going on a semi-regular basis.

Otherwise, just post here when you'll be out so we can look out for each other.

Comment

So I've been looking for somewhere to get a season pass, and I found Wachusett and Nashoba as being decent travel times from Revere. 50 minutes to Nashoba without traffic, or 1h20m to Wachusett without traffic. It looks like Wachusett has more to offer. Do you guys think Wachusett is the way to go for daily trips and enjoying myself on some decent blues? I'd ideally like to get out at least once a week.

Also, not opposed to picking up people on the way for a carpool. I have a Mazda CX5 that can comfortably fit 3 or 4 people with room for gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Malirkeit View Post
            I have a Mazda CX5 that can comfortably fit 3 or 4 people with room for gear.
            How do you like your CX5? We've been considering buying one.
            Boards/Bindings:
            2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
            2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
            2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
            Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
            Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Nashoba is quite small, 200ft vert, compared to Wachusett's claim of 1000. There are several trails (3 off of one chair, a few off the other) that would be what you're looking for (the farther south you go in New England, the easier and easier the black diamond runs get).

Wachusett can get busy, but it's usually just the weekends. I got after work at least once a week, 6 - 10. Perhaps an odd day off during the weekday, and the lines aren't bad at all (a few minutes). The weekend crush overpopulated the trails, so it would be worth heading north where the wait time may not change, but the terrain is worth it (Sunday River, Loon, Mt. Snow, Okemo, just to name a few. There are tons of options).

I believe the early-bird deals on season passes are over at Wachuestt, so there isn't much harm in taking a drive out and checking it out for a day.

If we can make the times match, I can get you $20 a lift ticket (I think) as a passholder. I'd be more than happy to show you around.

Let me know! I also have a set of DLPs to loan if you're keen on trying new equipment.

Comment

Looked at the website, and Wachusett might try and open on Friday (just the small chairlift). It might be packed, but I'll plan on heading over in the AM and put down the first tracks of the year.

It's always odd, the first day back, after playing hockey year-round (skiboards feel suuuuper long) but we'll see.

To note, I'll ways have a pair of DLP's in the car with non-release bindings if anyone ever wants to try them.

Comment

Wachusett This Weekend

Hi all,

Depending on the report from Wachusett this Friday, I'm planning on heading over on Saturday morning.

The day after thanksgiving was essentially spring skiing: 60degF, nice at the beginning of the day, slushy by noontime. Small park setup on Ollie's, as per usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Yegg View Post
                    Hi all,

Depending on the report from Wachusett this Friday, I'm planning on heading over on Saturday morning.

The day after thanksgiving was essentially spring skiing: 60degF, nice at the beginning of the day, slushy by noontime. Small park setup on Ollie's, as per usual.
                    I'm jealous. . . I'd take those conditions about now. Still no snow here and even the little they did blow at Elk right before thanksgiving is gone from all of our rain and warm temps this week.

Comment

I've been absent for a while so I suppose I should check in. I'm away at school now (RIT in New York), so I will not be a season passholder at Wachusett this year. I plan to still go while I'm back for winter break (~Dec 18-Jan 15) but I honestly have no idea how consistent that will be. I'm still rocking the Sherpas and am not opposed to meeting up. It could possibly be easier to pull off this year because all that I will have to worry about for a month is work, no school. I'll keep you guys updated.

Also, this isn't the thread for it, but if anyone is near Bristol Mountain in the Rochester area, that appears to be my new "home" mountain. Not sure how many times I'll make it out there as I'm very busy at the moment but I will get there more than once.

Comment

Macro: I have some video; they put down just enough snow to be open, but, like I said, I'll take it.

mHealey: enjoy RIT! I had a good friend go there for undergrad (while I went to WPI); we both toured it.

Comment

All,

I'll be at Wachusett in be AM on Saturday; I'll try to get in before the crowds, and transition over to the "park" set up on Ollie's once Ralph's gets overrun and skied off.

I'll be in my black jacket / red pants. As always, a pair of (now freshly waxed) DLP's for loaning if desired.

Comment

I plan on going to Wachusett for night skiing on Friday (possibly), and all day on Saturday. I should be riding my TWOOWT Lions and red ski pants with a blue North Face jacket.

Hope to see some fellow skiboarders!

Comment

I will be at Wachusett this Friday 1/8/16 from 9am (opening) until about 1pm. I'll be in red pants with a light gray jacket riding Sherpas, and I'll be with a friend in all black riding KTP's.

Comment

You know what? Why not go to Wachusett today. I'll be there from 1st chair to whenever. Diablos/Black Jacket/Red Pants.

Comment

Working...
                                X