No announcement yet.

Back to Bohemia (Michigan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I figured out how to free up a couple vacation days, so I'm good for the March 18/19 weekend. I'll wait to book my flights until a couple weeks out. I'm hoping we'll have a good idea about the weather at that point. If something happens, and Bohemia closes, I say we still go and turn it into a hiking meet. I bet we could get away with hiking up and finding some pockets of snow to session on too.
    RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Awesome! Good to hear, Tim.

I'm sure we could find plenty to explore. One massive establishment nearby would be easily accessible with or without snow.

Comment

I'm in for that weekend. I am sure that if Bohemia is closed, we could still go to Mt Ripley as a last resort. And most importantly, we can still get joey's!
        Boards: Condors, Chickens, EMP's, Original Revolts
        Bindings: Bombers, FF Pro
        Boots: Lange xt100
        portfolio

Comment

Sounds like a plan to me!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Still have room for people for this outing? Not sure I can make it but I figured I would check first before seeing if I can. The conditions in central MN are getting bad and I don't want to be done soon. I have a trip planned for Lutsen in two weeks but I could probably pull another in March. My last time up at Bohemia wasn't so good as I was horribly out of shape but I am back in action as I do a lot of hiking, backpacking and biking the summer and have been hitting the slopes every weekend this year.
            RVL8 2016 DLP
            Line Mike Nick Pros
            Line FF Pro Bindings
            Coreupt Candide Yard 161
            “People weren’t made to fly, thats why we make kickers.” -Warren Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Obliquity View Post
              Still have room for people for this outing? Not sure I can make it but I figured I would check first before seeing if I can. The conditions in central MN are getting bad and I don't want to be done soon. I have a trip planned for Lutsen in two weeks but I could probably pull another in March. My last time up at Bohemia wasn't so good as I was horribly out of shape but I am back in action as I do a lot of hiking, backpacking and biking the summer and have been hitting the slopes every weekend this year.
              Absolutely! Glad to hear you're back in action on the snow!

Comment

Back to Bohemia (Michigan)

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
                Absolutely! Glad to hear you're back in action on the snow!
                Sounds good. I will see if the timing works for me. Could potentially convince my wife and drive up or if there is a car pool going from the Twin Cities I could join up or be a driver. I will figure it out this week whether the date will work at all.

Are there any carpools going from the Twin Cities currently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                RVL8 2016 DLP
                Line Mike Nick Pros
                Line FF Pro Bindings
                Coreupt Candide Yard 161

Comment

I'll be driving from the Twin Cities, but we may end up being too big for one car depending on how many people end up flying in. Time will tell as we get closer

Comment

For some reason I hadn't been getting email updates from this thread. Ah well.

I'm still on the fence. I'll try to make a final decision by tomorrow.

Comment

Unfortunately the timing won't work for me this time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      RVL8 2016 DLP
                      Line Mike Nick Pros
                      Line FF Pro Bindings
                      Coreupt Candide Yard 161

Comment

Originally posted by Obliquity View Post
                        Unfortunately the timing won't work for me this time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        Bummer! We'll be heading back in January

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
                          Bummer! We'll be heading back in January
                          My bro and I may have to plan for January then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          RVL8 2016 DLP
                          Line Mike Nick Pros
                          Line FF Pro Bindings
                          Coreupt Candide Yard 161

Comment

99.9% out.

Just not worth the expenditure with the likely conditions, as much as I enjoy the crew.

Keep me in the loop for next January.

Comment

It was great to see you again! I'll let you know when we start planning for next January

Comment

We are two weeks out from the proposed weekend. How are people feeling? Any idea of conditions out there right now?

Comment

Working...
                                X