Official Shredfest 2 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinkkid View Post
    I sent you a friend request on FB, thanks!! great Pics!
    I've sent you a friend request too
    2012 Rockered Condors/Spruce Pro Sport///Revolt Cities/Snowjam Extreme2's

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
      We made it home last night from the first three days of riding. It was a hoot. I don’t even know where to start.

The only problem was lack of hours in the day and the minor detail of limited human endurance, although that’s kind of like complaining that your giant safe isn’t big enough to hold all of your gold and treasure.

Everyone should experience, at least once, following Jack “No Mercy” Jue on a Death March to ride down iceberg-sized moguls in Torture Canyon.

The R8 crew happen to be more than just unbelievably talented riders. Those guys are genuinely likeable, pleasant and engaging young men. We couldn’t ask for better ambassadors.

I wish I was a kid again and my name was Dave Lynam.

The ladies have been conspiring. I fear they are conspiring against us.

Jack, Dave, Wendell and Craig have the patience of Job.

The whole trip was worth it just to meet and get to know Jeff Singer.
      Well put Bill. Just an awesome group of people and unbelievable great weather and conditions.

Got in very late last night so no pictures to post yet.
      sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

• Bill and Slow: enjoyed riding and hanging out with you guys again ... glad you could make it again this year.

Slow: hope the rest of your vacation went well and that you all enjoyed your time in San Fran.
        Skis: Armada JJs, Armada Magic Js and Icelantic Keepers
        Bindings: Marker Griffon, Look Pivot
        Full Tilt Boots
        Past: Revel8 Tanshos, KTPs, Revolts, DLPs, Condors; Spruce Raptors, 120s, Sherpas

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingForAir View Post
          Bill and Slow: enjoyed riding and hanging out with you guys again ... glad you could make it again this year.

Slow: hope the rest of your vacation went well and that you all enjoyed your time in San Fran.
          The rest of the vacation went very well. Jam packed as tourists, and the weather cooperated. San Francisco 49 mile drive, Fisherman's Warf, Alcatraz, Monterey and the Aquarium, Exploratorium, and all the standard tourist traps. Feedback from the family was that it was one of our best family vacations ever, because of Shredfest and those that participated. Now my kids understand why Maria and I go to Shredfest, it is more than skiboarding, it is a community gathering of like minded people. They are already working on me to fund the trip next year.

BTW: You left the condo in Carnelian Bay just in time. Late Wednesday afternoon the road up the hill was glare ice. Almost slid all the way down, and had a hell of an adventure getting back up that evening after supper. Was fine by Thursday morning when we had to leave.

I hope your drive home was uneventful.
          sigpic

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Comment

• Originally posted by slow View Post
            The rest of the vacation went very well. Jam packed as tourists, and the weather cooperated. San Francisco 49 mile drive, Fisherman's Warf, Alcatraz, Monterey and the Aquarium, Exploratorium, and all the standard tourist traps. Feedback from the family was that it was one of our best family vacations ever, because of Shredfest and those that participated. Now my kids understand why Maria and I go to Shredfest, it is more than skiboarding, it is a community gathering of like minded people. They are already working on me to fund the trip next year.
            what a neat family vacation... very cool your kids and friends got to join in and see what it's really all about and hope you all can come again!

shelley
            C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkkid View Post
              .............and hope you all can come again!

shelley
              I am not sure I want to foot the bill again.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by slow View Post
                I am not sure I want to foot the bill again.
                I can imagine!
                C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

• from Shredfest I

Was going through my online albums and thought I'd toss this up again from Shredfest I:

http://picasaweb.google.com/sktbrigh...Shredfest2009#
                  C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

• Shelley,

Thanks for sharing those pictures! I miss Heavenly SO MUCH! I feel like such a kid seeing pics of places I've been so I can say "Hey, I know where that is, I've been there!" They gave that place an appropriate name, because it truly is Heavenly.

What I wouldn't give to live just a wee bit closer. I'm still dreaming for a winning lotto ticket so I can have a winter vacation home there. Maybe one day...
                    If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.

Independent Beachbody Coach
                    www.GetFitnessFast.com
                    www.FastFitShake.com
                    www.facebook.com/CoachHeidiG

SBOLTeam III Rider

'11 Revolt "Trees"
                    '07 BWP's
                    2011 Spruce Pro Lite's
                    Head Edge+ 8.5 One Boots

Comment

• Oh H*ll Shelly, I look younger in those pics
                      Crossbow (go to dream board)
                      Most everything else over time.
                      Go Android

Comment

• you are Sooooo funnnnnnneeeee Valmorel! LOL!!!

Belle.. you did live a ways away, but at least it is in the states unlike Valmorel!
                        C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

• Tahoe Lift Ticket Discounts

Originally posted by pinkkid View Post
                          slowly but surely the Tahoe Discount Lift Tickets are posting. I came across this for those planning on staying maybe a little longer than the 3 days of riding:

http://www.skilaketahoe.com/lift-tickets

Here is some Lodging & Lift Ticket Deals for Sierra At Tahoe:

http://www.sierraattahoe.com/info/wi...g_packages.asp

NorthStar: http://www.northstarattahoe.com/info...cket-deals.asp

Heavenly: http://www.skiheavenly.com/plan-your...-explorer.aspx

More deals will come, just have to search search search!
                          C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

• Awesome!

This year I'm going with the Double Whammy for Northstar / Sierra.
                            I might even spring for the Fast pass....Sierra lines SUCK BALLS!

Comment

• Originally posted by 93PONY View Post
                              Awesome!

This year I'm going with the Double Whammy for Northstar / Sierra.
                              I might even spring for the Fast pass....Sierra lines SUCK BALLS!
                              Double whammy is perfect for those who live in the area or who are gonna be in the area for a month or so to just ride!

hahaha, yes the line can be horrid at Sierra at Tahoe... lots of teenagers ride there.
                              C U N DA SNOW!

Comment

Working...
                              X