Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it just keeps coming.

https://unofficialnetworks.com/2019/...a-and-rockies/
    you never really don't realize it, you just quit caring...

Comment

Don’t forget to pack your shovel[emoji108]
      Just these, nothing else !

Comment

And still 2 weeks away. Gonna be some soft turns. I just hope the travel is easy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Currently we are in a crazy wet cycle in Tahoe with multiple feet of snow falling ...
          pow is fun but this currently is a bit much with travel a big problem and ski areas with closures to dig out ...
          here is the current storm warning for the sierra
          Moderate to heavy rain this morning with heavy snow
          accumulation limited to the higher peaks. Heavy snow returns to
          the pass levels around midday with snow levels lowering below
          3500 feet tonight. Travel will be very difficult to impossible.
          Damage to trees and power lines is possible. Additional snow
          accumulations of 3 to 5 feet above 3500 feet, with local
          accumulations of 7 to 8 feet, are expected.

Looks like a drying out period in advance of Shredfest , with Shredfest week drier and milder which should make for a nice fun Shredfest with plenty of snow and good travel conditions.
          Here is the extended forecast ...
          - The week of the 18th we may transition into a cold but drier pattern, with inside slider type systems possibly brushing us with light snow.

- The week of the 25th we could transition into a dry and milder pattern.

See everyone soon !
          Boards :
          Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
          Boots
          K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
          Bindings:
          Zero Pro Non release Binding
          Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
          Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
          Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
          Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

I hope this stays true. I certainly want a easy travel to and while there a easy trip to and fro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The dilemma in skiing, especially events, is wanting great snow, but then having to deal with when it falls[emoji854]
              Just these, nothing else !

Comment

I want to go to ShredFest!! weather permitting

Today the local mtns in soCal are closed - - snow wind and rain - -depending on weather, i want to drive up -probably Sunday for
                Mon-Wed - -good to see JJue has a longer range weather indication of milder weather - - I would plan to drive up I-5 to Hwy 50 and south side of Lake -- i have been stuck on one side or the other in the past - -even locked down in Truckee on opening day of baseball in April - -wondering what a local thinks of going on 50 vs 80 to north side - -as 80 is the All Weather Highway --also been stuck at Kirkwood --- locked in at the mtn - - but i gotta get to my first ShredFest!!

Line Mike Nick Pros, FF bindings -- 24+ yrs on skiboards - Line Jedis, Bomber Bindings, Klimax, Cannons broke first time on Chair 23!, started on Kneissl Big Foots, Line Elizabeth Powder Skis, K2 Snowboard, Flow bindings

was on Big Foots, Cannons, Klimax Redline, 98 Line MNPs, Line ff cam and bomber bindings - new boards: RVL8 2015 SII, 2011 KTP --24 yrs non released - -skiboarding til 2050!!

Comment

Originally posted by Baldybob View Post
                  Today the local mtns in soCal are closed - - snow wind and rain - -depending on weather, i want to drive up -probably Sunday for
                  Mon-Wed - -good to see JJue has a longer range weather indication of milder weather - - I would plan to drive up I-5 to Hwy 50 and south side of Lake -- i have been stuck on one side or the other in the past - -even locked down in Truckee on opening day of baseball in April - -wondering what a local thinks of going on 50 vs 80 to north side - -as 80 is the All Weather Highway --also been stuck at Kirkwood --- locked in at the mtn - - but i gotta get to my first ShredFest!!

Line Mike Nick Pros, FF bindings -- 24+ yrs on skiboards - Line Jedis, Bomber Bindings, Klimax, Cannons broke first time on Chair 23!, started on Kneissl Big Foots, Line Elizabeth Powder Skis, K2 Snowboard, Flow bindings
                  Hi Baldybob! Look forward to meeting you ! If the weather forecast holds you should be fine going up highway 50 to South lake tahoe . In fact in the big storms we have been having , highway 50 has stayed open longer then highway 80 as it is more tree protected and in a canyon and not exposed to white out as much as highway 80.
                  Boards :
                  Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                  Boots
                  K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                  Bindings:
                  Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

I want to go to ShredFest!! weather permitting

Thanks so much Jack!! i will bring the socal bluebird weather to ShredFest!!

Baldy closed again today for road repair - -falling boulders - -Mtn High on late noon open today - -
                    We'll get these storms out of the way by the 22nd and skiboard in sun.

safe travels to all - -

btw - -i took the broken Cannons back to a Hayward address - -guy next door said --they closed up shop --
                    my son used to work for em and needs his last check!!! that was it for Cannon - -my blue Line MNPs are from
                    when Mike Nick won the first X-games on Skiboards - -so old, i don't even remember the year. (smarty goog = Jan '98)
                    i started on 4 pair of Big Foots at a store closing for $40 ea new in box - -put all 3 sons on em - -just needed one new rental boot per year for the oldest and hand em down - the 2 older sons switched to Snowboards - -all have quit cept pops -- and i won't quit Enjoy this video i found featuring mike from 1999 - -

https://youtu.be/5cUaS08ruj4

come to ShredFest Mike!!

was on Big Foots, Cannons, Klimax Redline, 98 Line MNPs, Line ff cam and bomber bindings - new boards: RVL8 2015 SII, 2011 KTP --24 yrs non released - -skiboarding til 2050!!

Comment

Information has been emailed to confirmed Shredfest participants a few minutes go. If you are planning on attending and have not received the email, please PM me your email address.
                      sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

I have 6 buddy passes available on my season pass. They are good for Heavenly and Kirkwood. If you are buying a pass for either of these resorts look for me. It's a substantial discount.
                        Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
                        Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
                        Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
                        History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Originally posted by wjeong View Post
                          I have 6 buddy passes available on my season pass. They are good for Heavenly and Kirkwood. If you are buying a pass for either of these resorts look for me. It's a substantial discount.
                          Also for those joining us at Northstar on Sunday , a number of us also have buddy passes for that resort so you might want to check with us before buying tickets .
                          Boards :
                          Boots
                          Bindings:

Comment

Tahoe got a bit of snow the past few days. Check out the totals for Feb so far.

Boards/Bindings:
                            2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                            2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                            2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                            2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                            Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                            Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Wow! Nice base for Shredfest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              sigpic

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Comment

Please post your Shredfest XI (2019) pictures and video here:

https://www.skiboardsonline.com/foru...795#post163795

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X