Westfest, Shredfest and Ski Passes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
    I know Park City does not use Liftopia anymore, but can you buy Super Pass using Liftopia?
    I don't think so. Sometimes it can be cheaper to buy tickets for the Cottonwood resorts through Liftopia. Then you're locked into certain resorts on certain dates. Plus you have to go to the ticket window each day to get your lift. The Super Pass is great for the convenience of being able to change things up if need be and only having to go to the ticket window first day.
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
      I don't think so. Sometimes it can be cheaper to buy tickets for the Cottonwood resorts through Liftopia. Then you're locked into certain resorts on certain dates. Plus you have to go to the ticket window each day to get your lift. The Super Pass is great for the convenience of being able to change things up if need be and only having to go to the ticket window first day.
      Yeah, I liked the convenience of the Super Pass last year - it was well worth it. I'll probably buy the liftopia gift card for some of my eastern trips this year. . . I did a similar gift card deal with liftopia last Black Friday and it worked perfect for my Southern Vermont tour that I do every year.

Comment

It's snowing in the Cottonwood Canyons, lets go already!

Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Base at A Basin

East Slope at Jack Frost -- Not even close at my home mountain

Boards:
          2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
          2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
          2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
          2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
          2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
          2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
          2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
          2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Comment

9/21 in California.. Mammoth

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in for Fri-Sun. Purchased airline tickets to SLC this week. I'll figure out accommodations in the coming days. Hopefully, the Super Pass rates will be comparable to last season's. I'm fully expecting to get wrecked. :-)
              171cm/190lbs
              Current Favorites:
              RVL8 Yin/Yang Blunts, Spruce Sherpas (x2) & Ospreys, Coda custom Yetis v1 140
              Spruce Pro Primes w/Attack 13's (x 4), Bomber Elite 1
              Other boards I'm trying:
              Summit Custom Carbon 110, Dynastar Twin 85, Coda custom Yetis v2 145

Comment

Originally posted by Fedfan View Post
                I'm in for Fri-Sun. Purchased airline tickets to SLC this week.
                Very cool Shawn! Glad you'll be joining us.
                Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by Fedfan View Post
                  I'm in for Fri-Sun. Purchased airline tickets to SLC this week. I'll figure out accommodations in the coming days. Hopefully, the Super Pass rates will be comparable to last season's. I'm fully expecting to get wrecked. :-)
                  You will have a blast!

Comment

You will have a blast!
                    Ugh! 4-Day Ski City Super Passes went up $40 over last year's prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ugh! 4-Day Ski City Super Passes went up $40 over last year's prices.
                      Ok, this might be the year that the Ski City SuperPass is not worth it. . . New prices came out and they went up a bunch. . .

Ski City SuperPass 4-Days = $368 ($92.00 per day average)

Current prices on Liftopia = $282* ($70.50 per day average) for $86 savings
                      1/25 Thu Snowbird = $64
                      1/26 Fri Alta = $83
                      1/27 Sat Solitude = $65
                      1/28 Sun Brighton = $70*

* Note - Brighton does not currently have liftopia deals available, but once available you should be able to get them for $60-$70.
                      Last edited by macrophotog; 09-29-2017, 05:41 PM. Reason: Edited so post matches FINAL dates so no confusion!

Comment

Bummer! Only going to the ticket window once was convenient, but Liftopia seems like a better route this time. This makes us a little less flexible, but I think that's ok.

I'm game for starting at Snowbird on Thursday to save a few extra bucks if that works for everyone (just think about how much that saves across the entire group).

In other news, lodging prices seem to have gone up a bit already. I booked a room with two beds at the Extended Stay just in case I get someone from the Bohemia crew to join

Comment

Westfest, Shredfest and Ski Passes

I used Liftopia last year instead of the Superpass and saved about $50, mainly because of the lower prices at Brighton and Solitude. The window was never an inconvenience as there were no lines. We should keep an eye out for the Liftopia discount cards, that will save us even more.

Yes, it's easy to swap the Alta and Snowbird days, but once we do we will have to set it in stone as folks are making plans already.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                            I used Liftopia last year instead of the Superpass and saved about $50, mainly because of the lower prices at Brighton and Solitude. The window was never an inconvenience as there were no lines. We should keep an eye out for the Liftopia discount cards, that will save us even more.

Yes, it's easy to swap the Alta and Snowbird days, but once we do we will have to set it in stone as folks are making plans already.
                            So can you make the official call on this? Once it is official I'll start buying from Liftopia. The savings alone will cover one of my days at Park City for the warm-up. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't care. Line up the days however you want to save the most money. Just stick to the new schedule once you do.
                              Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                              Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

So here it is, the official Westfest 2018 lineup.

Tuesday Jan 23rd Park City
                                Wednesday Jan 24th Park City
                                Thursday Jan 25th Snowbird
                                Friday Jan 26th Alta
                                Saturday Jan 27th Solitude
                                Sunday Jan 28th Brighton

Comment

Working...
                                X