Westfest, Shredfest and Ski Passes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
    Looks like Park City before Westfest it is. Tuesday and Wednesday January 23-24 as Westfest "warm-up!"
    My airline tickets are purchased. . .

Park City warm-up days are Tuesday and Wednesday January 23-24.

Looks like the following are in (at least tentatively) for the warm-up days:
    Macro (me)
    Courtney
    Kyu - our Park City Tour Guide
    Sempai (and Mrs. Sempai)
    Bad Wolf (and Mrs. Bad Wolf) for Wednesday

Comment

Where are you lodging? I want to go , but I'll be solo with my kids joining me later?
      Not sure when I'll be able to head out , but it's looking like Wednesday night?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tom91381 View Post
        Where are you lodging? I want to go , but I'll be solo with my kids joining me later?
        Not sure when I'll be able to head out , but it's looking like Wednesday
        Last year most people stayed at the Extended Stay America in Sandy, UT. I'll let someone who stayed there comment on the accommodations, but their prices are dirt cheap. I personally have reservations at the Residence Inn down the street - since I'm a Marriott Rewards member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Last year most people stayed at the Extended Stay America in Sandy, UT. I'll let someone who stayed there comment on the accommodations, but their prices are dirt cheap.
          It was ok. It was quiet around our room, but I think others had a problem with noise. Some strange characters were staying there. I'm not sure we'll stay there again.
          Boards/Bindings:
          2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
          2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
          2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
            It was ok. It was quiet around our room, but I think others had a problem with noise. Some strange characters were staying there. I'm not sure we'll stay there again.
            We would stay there again. It was clean, efficient, roomy, convenient and great value. As Sempai said, we did have a little noise pollution, but nothing bad enough to put us off. We have enjoyed much nicer hotels in the past, but prefer to spend out money on lift tickets and good food over accommodations. It's a palace compared to the cheap motels we used to stay at on Route 66 in Flagstaff!
            Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Great info , I presume that is a place to take the train/bus to the ski resorts?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom91381 View Post
                Great info , I presume that is a place to take the train/bus to the ski resorts?
                Yes, but we usually try to car pool. Last year we had three or four cars with 4x4. As long as you are in the Sandy area we should be able to get you a ride up the hill. The bus is OK on regular days, but not much fun on weekends and powder days.

Comment

Last year most people stayed at the Extended Stay America in Sandy, UT. I'll let someone who stayed there comment on the accommodations, but their prices are dirt cheap. I personally have reservations at the Residence Inn down the street - since I'm a Marriott Rewards member.
                  The Residence Inn that I'm staying at has 2 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom suites (includes separate living room with sofa bed and kitchen) for $189 per night - these suites can easily house 6 people comfortably or two couples in the separate beds/baths and use the living room as the gear storage/drying area. . . They also have regular suites with one bed/bath for $139.

Comment

Rooms in Sandy, UT for 1/22 arrival and 1/29 departure (assumes Park City warm-up days included with Westfest) currently going for as low as $61 per night @ Econo Lodge, $67 per night @ Extended Stay and $93 per night at Hampton Inn (which has a great 4.4/5.0 rating):

https://www.hotels.com/search.do?res...rt-order=PRICE

Comment

Westfest, Shredfest and Ski Passes

I booked a room at the Extended Stay, I won't get in until Wednesday night though .
                      Time to find a car ..

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Macro.

Mrs Wolf and I are booked into the Hampton from Wednesday night on. We have stayed at the Hampton before and even though it's a little more pricey than the Extended Stay, through it might be nice to treat ourselves this time around to the breakfast and hot tub

We will be driving up through Price on Wednesday morning, so Park City is up in the air for now.

For those who might be interested in sharing, there is a two bedroom apartment available in Sandy for less than $70 per night. It sleeps four, so that could be nice option.

Booking.com, booking dot yeah!

Comment

Wow! You guys are booking early.
                          Boards/Bindings:
                          2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                          2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                          2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                          2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

I know right!

I'm Jonesing for skiing already and it's still 110 degrees in Arizona.....Westfest can't come fast enough this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                              I know right!

I'm Jonesing for skiing already and it's still 110 degrees in Arizona.....Westfest can't come fast enough this year.
                              Exactly. Never been to a meet up, don't know of any times I've been on the mountain with other ski boarders that I didn't go with

Comment

Already booked airfare, car, and hotel. Lift tickets are the only thing missing at the moment. I'll likely do the Ski City Super Pass for cottonwoods resorts, but still thinking through options for Park City. Liftopia currently selling gift cards with bonuses ($125 for $100, $250 for $200, etc.) but not sure if that will help - I know Park City does not use Liftopia anymore, but can you buy Super Pass using Liftopia?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X