No announcement yet.

Westfest 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning to all going to Westfest, do not leave your car on the parking lot at the resort overnight!

Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Westfest 2017

Made it to Utah, but no skiing today, we are snowed in! A huge storm started last night and it's still coming down. Our plan was to ski PowMow, but the roads have not be cleared and there is no way to get there with 4X4 with chains. SO much for FWD rentals. We headed towards the ski bus stop, but getting out of the hotel and driving the six miles through town took us over an hour, and we missed the bus

The next plan was to head down to the Cottonwoods, but the Interstate was down to one lane, and Google Maps showed endless delays around the Canyon base. I guess that's what happens when you get over a foot on a weekend. So, we are having a snow day at the hotel, maybe the mall this afternoon and steak for dinner, and will regroup for Snowbasin tomorrow. Still, it looks like Flagstaff is no better, forget the mountain, chains required downtown!

Comment

That's a tough break. Too much snow is the second skiers nightmare

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
        Crossbow (go to dream board)
        Most everything else over time.
        Go Android

Comment

Westfest 2017

So much for weather forecasts, the snow has been non stop since late last night, and doesn't look like stopping. the Cottonwoods are getting close to two foot of new snow with several more inches predicted through the day. The plows can't even keep up with the Interstates, so we gave up today. Russ made it to Park City, but said the normal 20 min drive took almost two hours.

Good news, this is setting up very nicely for Westfest.

Even better news, Russ will be with us at Snowbird on Friday!

Comment

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone this coming weekend at Westfest and looking forward to some sun and good weather , ha , ha ., pow is fun but too much of it can be a bummer as Valmorel says (:. ( I looked at the long range forecast and looks like good weather for next weekend in Utah !)
            Today I tried to get up to Sierra at Tahoe to meet Sempai and Ms. Sempai but was turned around because of a temporary road closure due to too much snow and avalanche control on the road ! . Did not feel like waiting around for the road to reopen so went home .
            Sempai and Ms Sempai are on the other side of the range and made it up to Heavenly.
            Looks like Utah and Tahoe are both getting hammered with snow !
            Boards :
            Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
            Boots
            K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
            Bindings:
            Zero Pro Non release Binding
            Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
            Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
            Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
            Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Can't wait! Sadly it's spring at Bohemia right now, so I haven't had any powder practice. Things look insane out there!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like we will have a blast next weekend! Today I skied in spring-like conditions for the second day in a row and am now ready for the cold to come back to the northeast before the snow disappears. . . Looking forward to Utah snow and weather!

Now it is time to pack the bags and figure out what to bring and what not to bring. What boards/skis are everyone planning to ride?

Comment

Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
                  Sounds like we will have a blast next weekend! Today I skied in spring-like conditions for the second day in a row and am now ready for the cold to come back to the northeast before the snow disappears. . . Looking forward to Utah snow and weather!

Now it is time to pack the bags and figure out what to bring and what not to bring. What boards/skis are everyone planning to ride?
                  They are now predicting an even bigger storm to hit us tomorrow. Again, this was not part of the "inch a day" forecast for this week. They are also describing this storm as having a very high moisture content producing heavy wet snow. There is the possibilty of up to two feet! We should at least be able to get up the Snowbasin hill and get some skiing in tomorrow. We may not get back down.

I brought the Ickys and the XLs. However the plan is just to ride the Ickys unless I find their limit in powder, then the XLs may make an appearance. The wife has the Sir Francis Bacon shorties for powder and her Volkl Pyra 145 skis for the groomers. With the volatility in the weather and the total lack of accuracy of the forecasts, I would bring at least a two board quiver to cover the possibility of deep days.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                    I would bring at least a two board quiver to cover the possibility of deep days.
                    And there in lies the problem - so as to not pay extra for baggage I'm trying to keep it to 2 (3 tops) and still deciding on which ones. Right now I've got the XL's and Ospreys in mind, but then there are the RC's that would be lonely at home. . . But if the weather keeps changing the Triple J's might need to come along. . . Decisions, decisions. . .

Comment

Originally posted by macrophotog View Post
                      And there in lies the problem - so as to not pay extra for baggage I'm trying to keep it to 2 (3 tops) and still deciding on which ones. Right now I've got the XL's and Ospreys in mind, but then there are the RC's that would be lonely at home. . . But if the weather keeps changing the Triple J's might need to come along. . . Decisions, decisions. . .
                      Can you boil it down to something narrow and something wide, or, looking at your quiver something very wide and some not so very wide

Comment

Meet up time and location at different resorts ?

Hi Badwolf, could you post up the meet up time and location to meet of each resort during West fest?
                        Is it 900am at the ticket window?
                        Thanks .
                        Boards :
                        Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                        Boots
                        K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                        Bindings:
                        Zero Pro Non release Binding
                        Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                        Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                        Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                        Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Westfest 2017

Originally posted by jjue View Post
                          Hi Badwolf, could you post up the meet up time and location to meet of each resort during West fest?
                          Is it 900am at the ticket window?
                          Thanks .
                          Absolutely;

Tracey and I will try to be at each location by 8:30 for the lifts opening at 9:00. I know that sounds a little early, but we like to take our time getting ready. Any time after 8:30 should be fine.

If anyone wants my cell just PM me.

Here are the locations;

Friday the 27th will be Snowbird. There is an outdoor plaza at the top of the main building where the tram is located. The ticket offices are also there. You enter the building at the parking lot level and have to walk up about three flights of shops to get there. I think there is also an elevator. It's a nice open area to see folks and meet up. We will start the day on the tram, then head over to the glades off the Gad lifts.

Saturday the 28th is Solitude There is only one entrance. The ticket office is on the parking level along with a changing room and restrooms. In between the buildings are steps that lead up to the main area. We will meet by the ski racks right outside of the restaurant. Again, this is a nice open area to see and meet people. We usually take the Moonbeam Express up first.

Sunday the 29th is Brighton There are two base areas here, we want the main one that the bus stops at. The restrooms and ticket office are located on the parking level. There is a restaurant at the top of the hill, we will meet outside of that. We will be taking Majestic up first to warm up, then the Crest Express to hit Wren Hollow. We usually end up searching for powder in the trees off the Snake Creek Express.

Monday the 30th is Alta There are two bases locations here. We want the first one you come to when taking the bus or driving up. It is known as the Wildcat Base. The meeting place is outside the restaurant called The Goldminer's Daughter. There are restrooms are located in the restaurant building and the ticket office is directly opposite. We start by taking up the Collins lift up, down to Wildcat and then explore from there.

Comment

I'm excited to be back on the mountain with my fellow Skiboarders. Today at ParkCity was terrific and it looks to only get better....and if ParkCity has great snow just about every resort in Utah should have great snow. Looks like we will luck out on great conditions again. I suppose WestFest is meant to be. A lil bummed I can't make it to all the days but I'll take what I can get.
                            Boards: 15 Blunt XL / 13 Slapdash
                            Bindings: Bomber 2 Elite / Zero Pro
                            Boots: Atomic Hawx 2.0 100

Comment

Absolutely;

Tracey and I will try to be at each location by 8:30 for the lifts opening at 9:00. I know that sounds a little early, but we like to take our time getting ready. Any time after 8:30 should be fine.

If anyone wants my cell just PM me.

Here are the locations;

Friday the 27th will be Snowbird. There is an outdoor plaza at the top of the main building where the tram is located. The ticket offices are also there. You enter the building at the parking lot level and have to walk up about three flights of shops to get there. I think there is also an elevator. It's a nice open area to see folks and meet up. We will start the day on the tram, then head over to the glades off the Gad lifts.

Saturday the 28th is Solitude There is only one entrance. The ticket office is on the parking level along with a changing room and restrooms. In between the buildings are steps that lead up to the main area. We will meet by the ski racks right outside of the restaurant. Again, this is a nice open area to see and meet people. We usually take the Moonbeam Express up first.

Saturday the 29th is Brighton There are two base areas here, we want the main one that the bus stops at. The restrooms and ticket office are located on the parking level. There is a restaurant at the top of the hill, we will meet outside of that. We will be taking Majestic up first to warm up, then the Crest Express to hit Wren Hollow. We usually end up searching for powder in the trees off the Snake Creek Express.

Sunday the 30th is Alta There are two bases locations here. We want the first one you come to when taking the bus or driving up. It is known as the Wildcat Base. The meeting place is outside the restaurant called The Goldminer's Daughter. There are restrooms are located in the restaurant building and the ticket office is directly opposite. We start by taking up the Collins lift up, down to Wildcat and then explore from there.
                              Thanks for the info - doesn't sound early to me. . . I'm used to getting to the mountain in time for first chair

Comment

Fantastic!

Do you think you will be able to join us for dinner as well on the Saturday night. We are making reservations at the Olive Garden in Sandy?
                                Yes, two for dinner.
                                rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
                                ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Working...
                                X