WESTFEST 2017

The dates for Westfest 2017 are;

Four days of the greatest snow on earth:

Friday January 27th 2017 @ Snowbird
    Saturday January 28th 2017 @ Solitude
    Sunday January 29th 2017 @ Brighton
    Monday January 30th 2017 @ Alta

Mark your calendars.

Westfest, now in it's fourth year, is a multi day skiboarding festival based around the Big and Little Cottonwood resorts in Utah. The Sandy/Midvale area provides great lodging options with easy access to the Cottonwoods, as well as the Park City resorts, Snowbasin, Powder Mountain and Brianhead. The dates and resorts are now confirmed, so go ahead and book your travel, accommodations and passes. Tiered of the East Coast Ice? Come join us in the powder!
    Just these, nothing else !

The Resorts (linked)

Alta Ski Area

Solitude Mountain Resort

Brighton Ski Resort

Snowbird

Comment

Lift Tickets

The Ski Salt Lake site offers a four day Superpass to the four resorts, for four days, for $328!. It also includes free transportation on the Salt lake Ski Bus, Trax System and City Buses. The Ski Bus savings total $38 making the average ticket price $72.50. The pass is very flexible and allows you to ski any resort on any day, great for powder chasing. It is good for the whole 2016/17 season but has to be used within fourteen days of activation.

Alternatively tickets are available on Liftopia for the following prices at the time of posting;

Alta $TBA
      Solitude $62
      Brighton $TBA
      Snowbird $59

Please note that these tickets do not include the Ski Bus cost and are non refundable. They are only good for the dates purchased and the resorts they are issued for, unless you pay extra.

Transportation

Salt lake City International Airport is serviced by all the major airlines with many direct flights. Southwest Airlines offers some great deals into Salt lake. They also allow two free bags. For example flights from Phoenix cost $144, round trip with two free bags.

There is a an airport shuttle that runs to most of the hotels and the City has an extensive Trax (light rail) and bus system.

The City also had a Ski Bus that services the four resorts from downton Salt Lake, Midvale and Sandy. You can catch the bus from many of the area hotels, the Traxx terminal or several Park and Ride locations. This enables you to stay without the need for a rental car. If you do rent a car you do not need 4X4 capability if you take the Ski Bus up the Cottonwood Canyons.

Lodging

There are many lodging options from budget motels to resort accommodation. The most convenient areas for the ski resorts are those of Midvale and Sandy, just south of Salt Lake City. These areas are only 30 minutes from the airport and all four resorts. There are plenty of restaurant, shopping and entertainment options in the area. The linked map shows the Ski Bus Route. Scroll down to the bottom left corner of the map to see the hotels serviced by the Ski Bus.

Comment

The dates are set for this years festival, and many folks are also planning on adding a few days before or after to use up their ski pass benefits:

Epic pass holders can go to Park City and The Canyons
        The Mountain Collective Pass covers Alta
        Powder Alliance Members can ski Snowbasin for free!

Mrs Wolf and I will be staying in Ogden and skiing Snowbasin and Powder Mountain from Saturday 21st. Time, weather and finances permitting we might even drive up to Jackson Hole for a day midweek, always wanted to go there. I believe Courney is arriving a few days early to ski Park City, and Russ, who lives in Salt Lake should be around as well. I believe some of the NoCal crew will also be skiing in Park City the week after Westfest.

So, why not extend your trip for a few extra days. Let us know where you are going.

Comment

For the last few years we have stayed in the area near to the South Towne Mall in Sandy. There are lots of hotels and restaurants in the area to suit all budgets. It is also located near to the Ski Bus Terminal. We don't want to use the bus, but if we have to it's nice to get on first and have a seat!

Several of us have booked into the Extended Stay America. They currently seem to have the best prices. There is no cooked breakfast, just coffee and energy bars, so if that's important to you there are other options in the area.

Comment

If you’ve been on the fence, take a leap and join us - you won’t regret it! Here are the highlights from last year. We had a blast!

Day 1 - Alta

Comment

Day 2 - Solitude

Comment

Day 3 - Brighton

Comment

Day 4 - Snowbird

Comment

Saturday Night is Banquet Night!

We have just found out that a couple of folks are arriving late Friday night, or driving up on Saturday morning, so the new date for our official Westfest Banquet will be Saturday Night, January 28th 2017.

I will make a reservation at the Olive Garden located at the South Towne Center for 7:30 pm, Come hungry!

The address is; 10540 South State Rd, Sandy, UT 84070

Olive Garden South Towne Sandy(Link)

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                      For the last few years we have stayed in the area near to the South Towne Mall in Sandy. There are lots of hotels and restaurants in the area to suit all budgets. It is also located near to the Ski Bus Terminal. We don't want to use the bus, but if we have to it's nice to get on first and have a seat!

Several of us have booked into the Extended Stay America. They currently seem to have the best prices. There is no cooked breakfast, just coffee and energy bars, so if that's important to you there are other options in the area.

There is currently a sale on at Extended Stay America hotels. 15% off using promo code MJ6EB. This brings the refundable/changeable reservations lower than the current advanced purchase rates.

And if you use ebates.com then you can get another 1.5% back. If you don't already have an ebates account, you can get the 1.5% plus an additional $10 back by using this link to set up the account before booking: https://www.ebates.com/r/PAMAGA4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I wonder if we will be able to ride this at Solitude?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

That would be wild to try. I'm glad the event isn't happening over the weekend that we'll be there.
                          Boards/Bindings:
                          2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                          2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                          2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                          2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                          Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                          Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Hmm, this is looking very tempting. I was just checking flights and room prices, and it's not nearly as bad as I was expecting. It'd be kind of crazy to get home from the Midwest Meet one weekend and leave for Westfest the next, but I'd love to hit some of those mountains, and Courtney's videos make things look very tempting. Decisions, decisions...
                            RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
                              It'd be kind of crazy to get home from the Midwest Meet one weekend and leave for Westfest the next
                              Most people would call you a "lucky guy" if you could do that. . . Very few people would call you "crazy"

You know you want to do it - it would be great to have you there!

Comment

Working...
                              X