Shredfest 2017 - South Lake Tahoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjue View Post
    Yes, just arrived in Tahoe via 50, Caltrans did a good job creating two lanes out of one in the short washed out area, no slow down due to road, just slow going because of chain controls just east of placerville, all the way to Meyers, still snowing on West slope but some blue ski and broken clouds here at heavenly
    Great, thanks Jack. Have a fun day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Storm Doris (Doris? Who the heck names storms?) Just got the UK. Took me 3 hours to get home tonight, normally a 25 min journey. I have two trees down and one broken window. Mercifully I still have power unlike 40,000 people in this region. Still wish I was coming to Shredfest though

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
      Crossbow (go to dream board)
      Most everything else over time.
      Go Android

Comment

Originally posted by valmorel View Post
        .......Still wish I was coming to Shredfest though

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
        Still time to book a flight!

At least you should plan on joining us next year for the 10th anniversary of Shredfest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

ShredFest in the same location every year?

This is the week of my birthday. I'd love to make it to next years event.

Also, hope you guys get plenty more video footage. I've watched the RVL8 dvd supplied with my SII' 3x today @ home with my sick child.

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
            Still time to book a flight!

At least you should plan on joining us next year for the 10th anniversary of Shredfest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Yep!
            Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
            Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
            Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
            History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Wendell or Jack, do either of you have avalanche beacons and equipment the we might be able to borrow for a day?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
              facebook.com/dlynamr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s7yBfCTp2M

Comment

For those of you flying into Reno International today be prepared. It's snowing here!
                Boards/Bindings:
                2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Originally posted by Davelynam View Post
                  Wendell or Jack, do either of you have avalanche beacons and equipment the we might be able to borrow for a day?

Yes, pair of beacons, probes and shovels, and packs, will bring
                  Boards :
                  Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                  Boots
                  K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                  Bindings:
                  Zero Pro Non release Binding
                  Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                  Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                  Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                  Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Originally posted by Davelynam View Post

Not me.
                    Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
                    History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

So jelly!
                      Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by sempai View Post
                        For those of you flying into Reno International today be prepared. It's snowing here!
                        I don't know how many others (probably none, because you have to be whacked out to do this) are driving to Shredfest from the midwest, but I-80 is closed in Wyoming due to ice and wrecks. Carolyn and I are stranded at a motel in Laramie. Depending on when they re-open the interstate and what road conditions look like the rest of the way, we may have to punt.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          I don't know how many others (probably none, because you have to be whacked out to do this) are driving to Shredfest from the midwest, but I-80 is closed in Wyoming due to ice and wrecks. Carolyn and I are stranded at a motel in Laramie. Depending on when they re-open the interstate and what road conditions look like the rest of the way, we may have to punt.
                          That's a bummer! I hope you can get a break in the weather and get back on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by wjeong View Post
                            That's a bummer! I hope you can get a break in the weather and get back on the road.
                            Thanks Wendell. Me too. When the roads are clear it's an enjoyable drive but if they're icy it's a horror show.

Comment

Too bad you were unable to have better luck with the weather and road conditions Bill. You and Carolyn were missed!
                              sigpic

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Comment

Pictures and videos of Shredfest IX can be viewed here: https://www.skiboardsonline.com/foru...ad.php?t=16704

Conditions and the weather were perfect for all three days of Shredfest. I believe the best we have ever experienced. Combined with the great people that participated, it was a blast and a Shredfest that will not be forgotten for some time.

I hope everyone has made it home safely.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X