Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shredfest 2017 - South Lake Tahoe

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Fedfan View Post
    Thanks, guys. Lord willing, I'll see you all in 12 days.

    Shawn
    I have six buddy passes for anyone needing one. I'm pretty sure Marianne and Fred have some left also. We will have to go to the ticket Windows together.
    Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
    Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
    Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
    History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

    Comment


    • #47
      Get ready, and be glad this is happening now.

      http://freeskier.com/stories/lake-ta...heavy-snowfall

      Comment


      • #48
        There's snow in the forecast for the weekend. We could be looking at powder days for Sunday and Monday.

        Who plans to be at Northstar on Sunday for the warm-up day?

        Skiboards:
        2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
        2018 Spruce Crossbows w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s


        Boots:
        Salomon X-Pro 80

        Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys
        Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

        Comment


        • #49
          Yes , stellar conditions are setting up for Shredfest after a fantastic snow season and brand new snow this weekend and early this week . . Here is the latest : Pow days maybe Sunday and Monday , and then clearing conditions for tuesday and Wednesday . Looking forward to meeting up with folks at Northstar on Sunday ! Like Sempai says , who is coming Sunday . Northstar can be super special on a pow day with protected tree runs !

          Here is the latest forecast :

          A cold pattern sets in Wednesday through the weekend. Highs will only be in the 20's. Winds may gust to around 45 mph on Wednesday and 25 on Thursday.

          The next storm may move in Saturday night and last into Monday. We could see another 1-2 feet from this cold storm. Details are still a little fuzzy.

          Starting next Tuesday we may go into a dry spell that may last 3 days or longer.
          Boards :
          Spliffs
          Condors
          Slingshots
          Sherpa

          Boot:
          K2 BFC 100

          Bindings:
          Zero Pro Non release Binding
          Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
          Spruce ProPrime Plus Binding/Riser with Attack 13 GW binding
          Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

          Comment


          • #50
            I'll be at Northstar. Can't wait!

            Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • #51
              Northstar, here I come!
              171cm/190lbs
              Current Favorites:
              RVL8 Yin/Yang Blunts, Spruce Sherpas (x2) & Ospreys, Coda custom Yetis v1 140
              Spruce Pro Primes w/Attack 13's (x 4), Bomber Elite 1
              Other boards I'm trying:
              Summit Custom Carbon 110, Dynastar Twin 85, Coda custom Yetis v2 145

              Comment


              • #52
                Rickylink plus crew. 5 total.

                Rickylink >>)))>
                rickylink

                ~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
                ~ Full Tilt Boots

                ~ Your 1 ply guy



                Big or Small I Ride them All !

                Comment


                • #53
                  I will be there Saturday and Sunday.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    So I see now highway 50 washed out a few days ago and now is down to one lane past Pollick Pines. Does that mean it's best to take 80? But then it will be tough to get to South Lake because 89 is likely closed at Emerald Bay. And, does anyone know where highway 37 is closed? Meaning can we take Lakeville Rd from Santa Rosa to bypass the closure? Google is not showing the closure but CA highway site says its closed at Atherton /101.

                    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Greco View Post
                      So I see now highway 50 washed out a few days ago and now is down to one lane past Pollick Pines. Does that mean it's best to take 80? But then it will be tough to get to South Lake because 89 is likely closed at Emerald Bay. And, does anyone know where highway 37 is closed? Meaning can we take Lakeville Rd from Santa Rosa to bypass the closure? Google is not showing the closure but CA highway site says its closed at Atherton /101.

                      Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
                      Greco,. You have to go North around the lake instead of South. It's longer, but faster and usually open. I may be driving 80 if 50 looks bad. I'm hoping it's just a short delay on 50.
                      Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
                      Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
                      Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
                      History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by wjeong View Post
                        Greco,. You have to go North around the lake instead of South. It's longer, but faster and usually open. I may be driving 80 if 50 looks bad. I'm hoping it's just a short delay on 50.
                        Thanks Wendell. Do you mean I should take 80 to North Lake and then come down on the east side of the lake? But you just said you're taking 50? How will you know if 50 looks bad. You have to decide before you get on it.

                        Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Greco and Wendell , as far as I understand it there is controlled one way traffic through the area of road collapse on highway 50 with only a small amount of delay as long as the traffic is not too heavy . I think highway 50 is definitely still the fastest way into South Lake Tahoe . My cousin and his kids went through there today to South Lake Tahoe and it wasn't too much of a delay . I will let you know for sure tomorrow as I plan on going up for the day to Heavenly to meet Sempai and my cousin up there and plan on going up Highway 50
                          Boards :
                          Spliffs
                          Condors
                          Slingshots
                          Sherpa

                          Boot:
                          K2 BFC 100

                          Bindings:
                          Zero Pro Non release Binding
                          Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                          Spruce ProPrime Plus Binding/Riser with Attack 13 GW binding
                          Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            There will be plenty of snow for Shredfest.


                            Skiboards:
                            2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                            2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                            2018 Spruce Crossbows w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                            2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s


                            Boots:
                            Salomon X-Pro 80

                            Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys
                            Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by jjue View Post
                              Greco and Wendell , as far as I understand it there is controlled one way traffic through the area of road collapse on highway 50 with only a small amount of delay as long as the traffic is not too heavy . I think highway 50 is definitely still the fastest way into South Lake Tahoe . My cousin and his kids went through there today to South Lake Tahoe and it wasn't too much of a delay . I will let you know for sure tomorrow as I plan on going up for the day to Heavenly to meet Sempai and my cousin up there and plan on going up Highway 50
                              Thanks Jack. I just found it's one lane in each direction, I thought it was one line for both directions. That's not bad. - http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...d-10948477.php

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Greco View Post
                                Thanks Jack. I just found it's one lane in each direction, I thought it was one line for both directions. That's not bad. - http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...d-10948477.php
                                Yes, just arrived in Tahoe via 50, Caltrans did a good job creating two lanes out of one in the short washed out area, no slow down due to road, just slow going because of chain controls just east of placerville, all the way to Meyers, still snowing on West slope but some blue ski and broken clouds here at heavenly
                                Boards :
                                Spliffs
                                Condors
                                Slingshots
                                Sherpa

                                Boot:
                                K2 BFC 100

                                Bindings:
                                Zero Pro Non release Binding
                                Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                                Spruce ProPrime Plus Binding/Riser with Attack 13 GW binding
                                Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X