No announcement yet.

Midwest Meet 2017 - Mount Bohemia, MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe if we call Joey's now they'll have a table ready by the 21st.

Comment

Originally posted by ElkCloner View Post
      Maybe if we call Joey's now they'll have a table ready by the 21st.
      And special order a chocolate cake.
      RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
        And special order a chocolate cake.
        I'm going to destroy soooo much of that cake this year...
        Signatures are the online equivalent of an elevator fart. Here's anther one for you: CUPCAKE!

Comment

Calumet Americinn is sold out for MWM weekend.

Originally posted by CKL View Post
          I'm going to destroy soooo much of that cake this year...
          About that...

Comment

About that...
            ... That's an awful lot of silence. S'okay... my intestines are probably better off without.
            Signatures are the online equivalent of an elevator fart. Here's anther one for you: CUPCAKE!

Comment

Originally posted by CKL View Post
              ... That's an awful lot of silence. S'okay... my intestines are probably better off without.
              They stopped carrying the cake

Comment

They stopped carrying the cake
                It's for the best. Eating over 10% of my body weight of that stuff did not make for a fun morning. I may be an obnoxious jackass when I cut loose with juniper juice, but at least I was courteous enough to let everyone else use the bathroom before me

Comment

Opening day report/ Friday dinner reservation

Happy Holidays everyone

Just got back from Bohemia's opening day. The weather has been on the freakish side with little snow fall in the last week and temps in flux (high today was 38 with strong winds coming from the southwest). The result; spring skiing after Christmas! I really think if they had opened last week it would have been powder bliss but oh well. The good thing is, the base is really thickening up from this and more snow is on the way (its snowing now). I think has we head into January they'll be a lot of snow fall and the temps should lower. On another note, I'd like to get the Friday 1/20 reservation at Carmelita's in Calumet together a bit sooner than the day of this year, I think everyone really enjoyed themselves there last year.. looking like there's 15 of us?

Comment

I'm definitely in for Carmelita's.

Comment

• Originally posted by g.dub View Post
                      On another note, I'd like to get the Friday 1/20 reservation at Carmelita's in Calumet together a bit sooner than the day of this year, I think everyone really enjoyed themselves there last year.. looking like there's 15 of us?
                      Yes! Great plan - 15 should do it. If we end up with a couple more, we can probably squeeze them in someplace.

Comment

• Marshall just booked a room, so we're locked in for the usual trip up from Cincinnati.

Comment

• Well good thing i pulled the trigger a couple of weeks ago...

my FT job just signed up for a Wedding show that would be mandatory for me to attend Sunday... It still kinda sucks that i will miss out on all those leads and possible commission tho.

My PT bartending job the owner just fund out he has to go to ATL the same weekend for something. I am one of 2 others trusted to run the bar in his absence. Sucks again because that would be 2 extra long extra money shifts in my pocket.

Hoping for snow to make my sacrifices worth it.

Finalizing my travel details on Friday.

Comment

• snow conditons/ that new yurt

Originally posted by bec2745 View Post
                            Hoping for snow to make my sacrifices worth it.
                            Coverage and depth are pretty good right now and we're expecting up to another 24 inches between tonight and Saturday 1/7. With many more bouts of lake effect snow before the meet. I have a good feeling it will be well worth it, but if you need some cash I could arrange to have you work at my bar on friday or saturday night!

Ok, so just a heads up for everyone, the new bar/hottub/hostel is a hilarious monstrosity, in my humble opinion. The contrast between a brand new, several million dollar building and the modest yurts were all used to is striking. The good thing, the building isn't all that big, the bad, it blasts top 40 "party songs" all day long inside and outside the building, the good.. the bar is poorly designed and can only hold maybe 20 people, the bad, for some reason this is where you go to get your season pass (at least the other day) forcing you to inhale the chlorine fumes from an empty hot tub.

Does it subtract from the experience or riding at Bohemia? Absolutely not! Does it show that Lonnie has way too much money and "big resort" consultants should stay the hell out of here? Absolutely yes!

Comment

• Originally posted by g.dub View Post
                              Does it show that Lonnie has way too much money and "big resort" consultants should stay the hell out of here? Absolutely yes!
                              Ahhh yes, "progress." As someone who spent a significant amount of my childhood in Northern Wisconsin and having witnessed first hand how overdevelopment can suck the charm out of remote locales... it'll be a sad day when Bohemia loses its quaint feel in order to achieve a more commercialized experience.

Some more lifts and perhaps a BIT of grooming wouldn't be all that unwelcomed, though. Maybe then I could bring up my friends who are terrified of the notion of sliding down a raw mountain :P

Comment

• WE WANT SNOW!

Comment

Working...
                                X