Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoltenCore View Post
    Consider me in!

I will check with my buddy Ben who came with me last year to see if he's also in.
    Sounds great!

Comment

I talked to Ben he said to put him on the tentative list for now until he gets confirmation that he can.
      Boards:
      RVL8 2012 Rockered Condor 110cm
      RVL8 2011 Kirk Thompson Pro "KTP" 101cm
      RVL8 2012 Rumspringa "MaryJane" 103cm
      RVL8 2007 ALP 110cm

Bindings:
      Bomber Elite2
      RVL8 2014 Receptor "Black"
      Spruce Composite Riser

Boots:
      Nordica Ace of Spades 2013

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
        That may be your best option if you want to get lots of riding in on Friday. Andrew and I normally have a bit more of a leisurely approach and arrive in the afternoon to ride just the last couple hours before the lifts stop.
        "leisure"

I might be the oldest person on the trip this year at age 21

Comment

Originally posted by jackschmid View Post
          I might be the oldest person on the trip this year at age 21
          Hate to burst your bubble, but I've got you beat by damn near a decade and a half. And IIRC I'm not even the oldest fart who does the Midwest Meet.

That may be your best option if you want to get lots of riding in on Friday. Andrew and I normally have a bit more of a leisurely approach and arrive in the afternoon to ride just the last couple hours before the lifts stop.
          Insofar as leisure is concerned... that's for work-a-day life. Recreation is serious business in my book... gin-soaked, ass-of-myself-making business

In other news, I just received my new action cam in the mail yesterday. Looking forward to filming some spectacular spills this year - I'm usually good for a 30mph wipeout or two in Utah each February. Hopefully I can catch some prime footage at Bohemia as well!
          Signatures are the online equivalent of an elevator fart. Here's anther one for you: CUPCAKE!

Comment

John and I are in. We will most likely head up Friday morning. We are going to try and stay at the same place we did last year, so we will have an extra room with a queen or king size bed. So we have room for 1 more person. Not sure what the price will be yet, but it wasn't much different than the hotel costs last year. Let me know if you are interested in staying with us!

Comment

Ahmeek Streetcar lodging update

Originally posted by jake.newhouse View Post
              John and I are in. We will most likely head up Friday morning. We are going to try and stay at the same place we did last year, so we will have an extra room with a queen or king size bed. So we have room for 1 more person. Not sure what the price will be yet, but it wasn't much different than the hotel costs last year. Let me know if you are interested in staying with us!
              I just booked the Ahmeek streetcar on VRBO. The total for both nights is $300. We have a bedroom with a king size bed available and the easy math tells us that your total will be $100 for lodging for the weekend. Let me know if anyone is interested. It worked out really well last year. Getting excited for the trip!

Comment

You're getting old Tim. That word confirms it. Shit, if you're getting old, I'm getting old.

This is what, the 8th year doing this?

Comment

I just booked the Ahmeek streetcar on VRBO. The total for both nights is $300. We have a bedroom with a king size bed available and the easy math tells us that your total will be $100 for lodging for the weekend. Let me know if anyone is interested. It worked out really well last year. Getting excited for the trip!
                  I'm pretty sure I'd be down for this. Also, when you mentioned Friday morning in regards to driving up... got a rough estimate on arrival time? Do you still have a carpool slot open?

Looking at a new car and it might be a Yaris - not sure if that'd be enough vehicle for the snow up there LOL
                  Signatures are the online equivalent of an elevator fart. Here's anther one for you: CUPCAKE!

Comment

CKL,

The bedroom with the king size bed is yours if you want it. I just need confirmation so we make sure we do get somebody in that spot. I think we are also going to open the couch spot also for anyone that needs/wants a place to crash. We stayed at this same place last year and it worked out really well. There is plenty of space for 4 people for sure.

Also, John and I are perfectly fine with carpooling. We will probably leave mid morning on Friday and get up there around dinner time. John drives an AWD BMW and I have a 4door Toyota Tacoma 4x4, so we will take either of those vehicles up there. Hoping we get a ton of snow, the AWD or 4WD will be a huge plus.

Let me know if you are in CKL, and if anyone else needs a place to crash, we do have room on the couch!

Comment

Originally posted by Mavrick View Post
                      You're getting old Tim. That word confirms it. Shit, if you're getting old, I'm getting old.

This is what, the 8th year doing this?
                      That's not from being old, that's from being a nerd

But, yes, this is the eighth year for the meet. We should start thinking of ideas for the 10 year anniversary.
                      RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Im already losing my hair so im the oldest

Comment

IM going to commit this year. I will need a carpool and a room.

Jake if the bed or couch are still available ill commit to that now. Just let me know how much and when you want the $$. If its not we can get another room in the Hotel or ive had good luck with air bnb recently for whoever is still looking.

once i price out travel i will need a pickup at the airport somewhere... wherever is cheaper. Looks like Milwaukee will be the cheapest for me to travel into.

Comment

CKL,

The bedroom with the king size bed is yours if you want it. I just need confirmation so we make sure we do get somebody in that spot. I think we are also going to open the couch spot also for anyone that needs/wants a place to crash. We stayed at this same place last year and it worked out really well. There is plenty of space for 4 people for sure.

Also, John and I are perfectly fine with carpooling. We will probably leave mid morning on Friday and get up there around dinner time. John drives an AWD BMW and I have a 4door Toyota Tacoma 4x4, so we will take either of those vehicles up there. Hoping we get a ton of snow, the AWD or 4WD will be a huge plus.

Let me know if you are in CKL, and if anyone else needs a place to crash, we do have room on the couch!
                            I've decided that I will certainly be taking my own car, even if I wind up with a Hyundai Accent... a Geo Metro was the car I learned to winter drive in, and damn well I might add, so I'll be able to manage as long as the road snow is plowed enough to not float the vehicle. THAT'S how much I want to get in a full day of skiboarding on Friday

Insofar as lodging, I'll have a solid answer for you before November starts.

Comment

Originally posted by CKL View Post
                              Insofar as lodging, I'll have a solid answer for you before November starts.
                              yo Clark, sent you a PM. Your welcomed to my spare room with parking spot, not nearly as nice as a hotel room but not quite as shitty as a yurt. Party atmosphere included until bar close, comes with 19th century radiator for gear drying.

Comment

Originally posted by g.dub View Post
                                yo Clark, sent you a PM. Your welcomed to my spare room with parking spot, not nearly as nice as a hotel room but not quite as shitty as a yurt. Party atmosphere included until bar close, comes with 19th century radiator for gear drying.
                                Yeah I responded to the PM. You had me at party atmosphere

@jake.newhouse - I'll be staying at George's place... looks like bec2745 gets your spare bed.

Comment

Working...
                                X