Shredfest VIII (2016) Schedule - North Lake Tahoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's snowing !

We rolled into Mammoth yesterday... As of 4 p.m. till now, we have 18 inches of freshies down here at the house. Which normally equates to at least 24 inches on the hill.
    rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
    ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Originally posted by Fedfan View Post
      Are you going to track it out real nice for us? ;-)
      Nope, no plans to be out before the fest.
      Boards/Bindings:
      2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
      2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
      2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
      Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
      Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Looks like powder fever.

Pic captured off of Kirkwood's webcam at 11:00 AM this morning.

I saw people standing in line up at Mt. Rose to get first tracks this morning a half hour before the lifts opened.

In Tahoe fresh pow is more valuable than gold.

Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
        Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
        Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

Happy Shredfest to all of you that is going. Wouldn't mind to be there meeting up and riding with old acquaintances, but things worked out differently for me and at least I am having some fun on the slopes.
          Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
          Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
          Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

Originally posted by ysb33r View Post
            Happy Shredfest to all of you that is going. Wouldn't mind to be there meeting up and riding with old acquaintances, but things worked out differently for me and at least I am having some fun on the slopes.
            Jeff, we're really going to miss you at SF this year! It won't be the same without you... we'll be in touch.

R
            rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
            ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Comment

Recommendation?

I'll be coming over from my dad's home in Live Oak and was wondering if anyone familiar with the area has a recommendation as to a travel route? Mapquest show 2 routes, via 20 and via 80, with about 15 minutes difference. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Shawn
              171cm/190lbs
              Current Favorites:
              RVL8 Yin/Yang Blunts, Spruce Sherpas (x2) & Ospreys, Coda custom Yetis v1 140
              Spruce Pro Primes w/Attack 13's (x 4), Bomber Elite 1
              Other boards I'm trying:
              Summit Custom Carbon 110, Dynastar Twin 85, Coda custom Yetis v2 145

Comment

Originally posted by Fedfan View Post
                I'll be coming over from my dad's home in Live Oak and was wondering if anyone familiar with the area has a recommendation as to a travel route? Mapquest show 2 routes, via 20 and via 80, with about 15 minutes difference. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Shawn
                Take the shortest route which is probably 20 thru Nevada city. You will have good weather. Your elevation also is low enough so bad weather is not a problem.
                Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
                Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
                Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
                History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Scranton -> Atlanta -> Salt Lake City -> Reno

The journey begins - Tahoe bound!

Comment

Squaw/Aline Discount Tickets

Hi Shredfesters:

My sister, Jenny, can't ride with us on Monday (Squaw) or Tuesday (Alpine). I now have two extra Alpine/Squaw discount tickets ($98/each) Does anyone need/want them? Let me know and I'll bring them with me to the meet&greet. I'd love to find them a new home.

See you soon. Marianne

Comment

Discount on the discount

I just read the earlier posts (should have done that before) - and I see that the Liftopia price for these thickets are $87 (thats what I get for buying these discount tickets at REI - they are for any day, not just weekdays) So if you are interested in the two I have I'll sell them at the Liftopia discount price. -Marianne

Comment

Final snow totals from the past two days:

The forecast now has it sunny and 50's for Monday and Tuesday.

It's been so wicked windy the past few days. Hopefully the winds will calm before the fest.
                        Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                        Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Squaw/Alpine Discount Tickets

A bump for mhook's discount tickets.

Originally posted by mhook View Post
                          Hi Shredfesters:

My sister, Jenny, can't ride with us on Monday (Squaw) or Tuesday (Alpine). I now have two extra Alpine/Squaw discount tickets ($98/each) Does anyone need/want them? Let me know and I'll bring them with me to the meet&greet. I'd love to find them a new home.

See you soon. Marianne
                          Originally posted by mhook View Post
                          I just read the earlier posts (should have done that before) - and I see that the Liftopia price for these thickets are $87 (thats what I get for buying these discount tickets at REI - they are for any day, not just weekdays) So if you are interested in the two I have I'll sell them at the Liftopia discount price. -Marianne
                          Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                          Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Final Tahoe snow totals for this season. I hope we get as much or more for next year's Shredfest.

Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                            Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

Wow, that chart makes you realize how truly bad last season was
                              Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Working...
                              X