Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midwest Meet 2016 - Mount Bohemia, MI

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The sooner the better, no doubt.

    It looks like the poll won't let me see who voted for what so that's not super helpful.

    If we want to stay in Calumet it looks like our options are limited to February 12 - 14. I would think the Copperdog would complicate things, so we probably want to avoid the last weekend.

    If it came down to February 12 - 14, would that be a deal breaker for anyone?

    Comment


    • Here are the poll results including names:


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Boards / Skis
      RVL8 - Blunt XL 100
      Spruce - Crossbow 115
      Head - Ethan Too 141 & 151, SuperShape i.Titan 156
      Armada - Triple J 155
      Faction - Candide 2.0 166
      (previous: RVL8 - Revolt, KTP, DLP, Blunt, Rockered Condor, and BWP. Spruce - 120 and Osprey. Head Salamander 94, Caddy 131 & 151, and Ethan Too 161. Atomic - 1:20, Access 151, and Punx III 140. Summit Invertigo, Hagan OffLimit)
      Bindings
      Tyrolia PRD 12, Spruce Pro Risers w/ Tyrolia Attack 13
      Boots
      Atomic Overload Reactor 100

      Comment


      • Thanks! Not sure why it didn't show up on Chrome

        Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • It's valentines weekend, but in reality, I've been married for 14 years, I think it's ok if I'm not home.

          I'd change my vote from the last weekend to the 12-14 weekend if I could.

          Tim and Brick are coming the furthest. Does it work for you guys?
          Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

          skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

          Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

          Comment


          • Is there still the option to keep it for the same weekend? I know we are getting down to the wire for people to make final plans. I am just wondering if we have officially called off the January weekend. Our lodging arrangement can be changed from the sounds of it, she just asked that I decide sooner than later before things do fill up. It sounds like we should be able to make a decision fairly soon. Thanks everyone. It sucks that we even have to talk about this for a weekend that is towards the end of January! Hopefully that never happens again!

            Comment


            • Bohemia shared a 10 day forecast on Instagram projecting 24+" of snow. They said they need about 28" to open.

              We've been there for opening weekend before and the snow was a bit thin in some areas, especially by Sunday.

              If we don't push the date, there's always a chance that they're not able to open which would be a bummer, especially for Brick and Tim.

              I can go either way with it, just depends on how close we want to cut it!



              Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • I suppose it is a coin-toss any weekend we go. I can probably make any weekend work given enough notice.

                Comment


                • I have a commitment on the 13th, so that weekend won't work for me.

                  I'm fine with not staying in Calumet. I know that's more convenient, but I'm fine with staying in Houghton.

                  As far as postponing versus not, is there a backup location? I would be ok with hazarding the current date if there is something we can fall back on. If not, then I vote for moving the date.
                  RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

                  Comment


                  • Bohemia has a deal where we can ski free at the Porkies (1.5 hrs from Calumet). I don't recall the details - might just be a one day thing. Otherwise there's always Ripley in Houghton. Worst case scenario, I'm sure we could find something to do, it just wouldn't be as epic as Bohemia.

                    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • We could hike that ski flying hill and have our own competition.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Courtney View Post
                        Bohemia has a deal where we can ski free at the Porkies (1.5 hrs from Calumet). I don't recall the details - might just be a one day thing. Otherwise there's always Ripley in Houghton. Worst case scenario, I'm sure we could find something to do, it just wouldn't be as epic as Bohemia.
                        The Porkies looks about the same as Ripley. Ripley was run for an evening, but I don't know that I'd want to spend a weekend there.

                        It looks like the last weekend of February works for the most people. If need be, I can make that work too. If the 12/13/14 weekend is the best option, go ahead with that. Much as I'd hate to miss the meet, I don't want to be the one throwing everyone else off. I can always catch up at the .2 meet.
                        RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

                        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

                        Comment


                        • Snow in the forecast 8 of the next 10 days. Not sure if that'll be enough, but it's looking better.

                          George how much snow is up there?

                          If we need to move it I'll agree with Tim, the last weekend if others can't make the 2nd. There are rooms available at the Super 8 the last weekend in February.
                          Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

                          skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

                          Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

                          Comment


                          • Well, a friend ran into Lonnie cross country skiing yesterday and according to him, if the current forecast holds true Lonnie will be opening Bohemia... no matter the conditions, and as soon as possible. One could expect early season conditions and the local bet that Bohemia could open on the 15th may be won yet. This actually has to happen first though:

                            Comment


                            • Grrr, now I'm really torn. It would be the most convenient to just leave things as they are, but I feel like we have a better chance of good conditions going in February.

                              Is there any snow on the mountain at all? 24 inches is a lot, but I'm not sure if it's enough to make the terrain rideable at Bohemia.

                              Maybe we should do a poll for postpone vs not.

                              Or, we could get into the Lonnie tradition and have a survey with random questions that don't fit together.
                              RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

                              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
                                Grrr, now I'm really torn. It would be the most convenient to just leave things as they are, but I feel like we have a better chance of good conditions going in February.

                                Is there any snow on the mountain at all? 24 inches is a lot, but I'm not sure if it's enough to make the terrain rideable at Bohemia.

                                Maybe we should do a poll for postpone vs not.

                                Or, we could get into the Lonnie tradition and have a survey with random questions that don't fit together.
                                I'd too would love to leave it where it is, we played that game a few years ago and got opening weekend. I feel this may end up the same way. But if we need to be cautious and move it we can. The hotel only has a 24 hour cancel policy so I'm not nervous about that, but I get where Jake and John need to know sooner. At least with Tim's flights if he's on Southwest he can use the credit later if we cancel last minute.

                                UGH! I'm at a loss here...
                                Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

                                skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

                                Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X