Midwest Meet 2016 - Mount Bohemia, MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mavrick View Post
    Sorry folks. After buying my pass my friend informed me I'm in the wedding party for that weekend. Looks like I'll have to plan for .2 meet.
    Booooo! Sorry we'll miss you. Enjoy the wedding, it won't be the same.
    Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

Sorry folks. After buying my pass my friend informed me I'm in the wedding party for that weekend. Looks like I'll have to plan for .2 meet.
      Being that this would be the second time I go to Bohemia, I was hoping you would be there so that you wouldn't pick on me for being the new guy :P I'm going to miss that cramped ride to shute's in the back of that rental SUV with you doing "speed limit" on slick roads... A humbling experience I must say :P

Enjoy the wedding!
      Boards:
      RVL8 2012 Rockered Condor 110cm
      RVL8 2011 Kirk Thompson Pro "KTP" 101cm
      RVL8 2012 Rumspringa "MaryJane" 103cm
      RVL8 2007 ALP 110cm

Bindings:
      Bomber Elite2
      RVL8 2014 Receptor "Black"
      Spruce Composite Riser

Boots:
      Nordica Ace of Spades 2013

Comment

Music to my ears and eyes:

KEWEENAW-NORTHERN HOUGHTON-
        INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...COPPER HARBOR...HOUGHTON...HANCOCK
        1140 AM EST THU DEC 17 2015

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 3 PM THIS
        AFTERNOON TO 7 AM EST SATURDAY...

HAZARDOUS WEATHER...

* LIGHT LAKE EFFECT SNOW IS EXPECTED THROUGH MID AFTERNOON. THE
        LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL INCREASE IN INTENSITY BY LATE THIS
        AFTERNOON AND FALL MODERATELY THROUGH FRIDAY BEFORE COMING TO
        AN END SATURDAY MORNING.

* THE HEAVIEST SNOWFALL RATES WILL OCCUR TONIGHT FOR AREAS
        NORTH OF SOUTH RANGE...BEFORE THE STRONGEST BAND SLOWLY
        SHIFTS SOUTH ACROSS NORTHERN HOUGHTON COUNTY ON FRIDAY.

* TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 7 TO 14 INCHES ARE EXPECTED...
        WITH THE GREATEST ACCUMULATIONS OVER THE HIGHER TERRAIN FROM
        TWIN LAKES TO CALUMET.

* WEST WINDS GUSTING AS HIGH AS 35 MPH WILL CAUSE WIDESPREAD
        BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW...ESPECIALLY NEAR LAKE SUPERIOR.
        THIS WILL LEAD TO DRASTICALLY REDUCED VISIBILITIES AT TIMES.

Comment

That is very encouraging. The way things are going around here, I'll be lucky to get on any snow before coming out for the meet. It'll be almost 70 within the next few days. The only whiteness seen this Christmas will be my pasty skin reflecting the sunlight.
          RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

We'll miss you! Who knows, with the way this winter has been going we might have to reschedule the first meet anyway.

Comment

This winter has been kind of a lame one in Minnesota so far. I've only made it to the hill once so far and I'm not really stoked on the management of my season pass resort.

Hoping for the best for Bohemia snow!

Is anyone in this crew interested in going to Utah for Westfest Jan 28 - Feb 2? I'll be there! Transportation is super easy, no rental car needed and I've got lodging I'd love to share. Think about it! https://www.skiboardsonline.com/foru...ad.php?t=16054

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
                This winter has been kind of a lame one in Minnesota so far. I've only made it to the hill once so far and I'm not really stoked on the management of my season pass resort.

Hoping for the best for Bohemia snow!

Is anyone in this crew interested in going to Utah for Westfest Jan 28 - Feb 2? I'll be there! Transportation is super easy, no rental car needed and I've got lodging I'd love to share. Think about it! https://www.skiboardsonline.com/foru...ad.php?t=16054
                Tempting. Certainly a very lame winter so far, Im looking into cross country gear.. fingers crossed for a giant storm

Comment

Originally posted by g.dub View Post
                  Tempting. Certainly a very lame winter so far, Im looking into cross country gear.. fingers crossed for a giant storm
                  We'll have a soft boot convention.
                  Just these, nothing else !

Comment

How's everyone feeling? Has anyone booked a flight yet?

I was just looking at the 15 day forecast and it isn't looking good. Most of the snow sounds like it will be 1 inch at a time.

I'm thinking we might have to postpone this one. Maybe late February?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Might be worth a call up there. Have you heard anything George?

Comment

They've been saying that it's too early to predict an opening date and that they need a lot of snow to open.

Comment

Cautiously optimistic
                          ..... it's going to snow all week, and they cannot predict lake effect, so everytime they say 1 to 3 inches were actually looking at 3-6 or more... wish I could guarantee something. There's a local bet on Friday the 15th

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have an email into our lodging person to see if we can cancel or move dates. Have we looked into lodging options for the end of February? I am guessing they are going to be a bit more expensive, but not sure. Maybe our .2 meet this year is our big meet. I know we always have the Super 8 in Houghton along with other lodging options in Houghton if we need to that will be reasonably priced. It is a long trip for a lot of people if the conditions are going to be horrible. It would be worth throwing out a couple other dates and seeing what people think and see what kind of lodging options we have.

Comment

The snow gods seem a bit stingy this season. It's making me nervous.

Real mountains and reasonable expenses? Sounds tempting. I'll have to see if I can get off work.

Comment

How's everyone feeling? Has anyone booked a flight yet?

I was just looking at the 15 day forecast and it isn't looking good. Most of the snow sounds like it will be 1 inch at a time.

I'm thinking we might have to postpone this one. Maybe late February?

I'm ok to move dates, but I'm not flying in. Tim, how you feeling?
                                Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

Working...
                                X