Midwest Meet 2015 - Mount Bohemia, MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jake.newhouse View Post
    Count me in!! John and I are actually staying at the Super 8 right across the lake from Ripley.
    I'm staying there Thursday night, as Courtney said I'll get there around 6 pm and I'll be willing to hit Ripley that night if anyone's willing to go... If interested send me a pm.
    Boards:
    RVL8 2012 Rockered Condor 110cm
    RVL8 2011 Kirk Thompson Pro "KTP" 101cm
    RVL8 2012 Rumspringa "MaryJane" 103cm
    RVL8 2007 ALP 110cm

Bindings:
    Bomber Elite2
    RVL8 2014 Receptor "Black"
    Spruce Composite Riser

Boots:
    Nordica Ace of Spades 2013

Comment

• Safe travels everybody!

went out riding today, condition wise were looking at less snow than last year, plenty of great coverage though and lots of natural mogel fields..the face runs are a little choppy with the more skied out areas (under the triple chair) showing some rock.. shouldn't be an issue..extreme backcountry was in good shape. The best snow is to be found on the double chair (Bear Den) and bus runs (planet runs, shire) as well as the haunted valley..I've found an epic powder ridge way way out in the shire that puts you on the road where the bus turns around, requires a small hike that is well worth it, virtually no one rides there. Were looking at getting some snow showers tonight and thursday night to freshen things up a bit with temps soaring to 30 degrees on friday with the possibility of some heavy wet snow coming down friday and saturday. Should be soft and fast riding with enough powder stashed in the trees to dip into. Sweeeet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Courtney View Post
        Maybe we'll see you Thursday night? There will be four of us staying in the Super 8 before heading to Bohemia Friday morning. My car will arrive around 9pm, but Sam (MoltenCore) will arrive around 6pm - hit him up when you guys arrive
        John & I won't be there until really late tomorrow night. We will just have to meet up with you all in the morning.

Comment

• Marshall and I just left his place. Aiming for 11pm at the Holiday Inn Express in Houghton.

Comment

• Today is the day! Safe travels everyone, we'll see you soon.

If you suddenly realize you forgot something, there's a Walmart in Houghton, but that's pretty much your last chance to stock up unless you're stopping at a gas station.

Comment

• Safe travels to everyone heading up today. I'm chillin' at Andrew's place for today, and we'll be heading up tomorrow morning. I'm guessing we'll arrive around 12-1, so we should be able to get some riding in that afternoon. See you all then.
              RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

• I will be bartending tonight and tomorrow after riding at Shute's 1890 Saloon at 322 Sixth St. Calumet, MI 49913 the oldest and coolest bar in MI. The bar features late Victorian-era brick, glass and woodwork, the best beer selection in town, darts, air hockey, a pizza-oven and high speed internet.. any forum members that make it over will receive a drink on me. Cheers to making the journey UP!

Comment

• Have fun everyone and please give us updates on how the meet is going.
                  Boards/Bindings:
                  2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                  2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                  2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                  2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                  Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                  Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

• Originally posted by g.dub View Post
                    I will be bartending tonight and tomorrow after riding at Shute's 1890 Saloon at 322 Sixth St. Calumet, MI 49913 the oldest and coolest bar in MI. The bar features late Victorian-era brick, glass and woodwork, the best beer selection in town, darts, air hockey, a pizza-oven and high speed internet.. any forum members that make it over will receive a drink on me. Cheers to making the journey UP!
                    Well, I was already thinking about making the trip next year. This may have sealed the deal.

Have a great time everyone and keep the rest of us updated. We can't experience this vicariously without your help!
                    Sticky Icky Ickys (I think I'm in love )
                    Spruce 120's (they served me well)
                    Trikke Skki

Comment

• Rick

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ukuvox View Post
                        Well, I was already thinking about making the trip next year. This may have sealed the deal.
                        Definitely join us next time!

Comment

• Here's 9 of the 14 of us. We've been having a great time as always!

Friday started with a little rain, but cleared off and warmed up nicely. Conditions were great and spring-like without being too soft.

It cooled down over night and everything turned to ice, but we made the most of it. We still found a few areas with softer fresh snow, but it hasn't been the powder haven we're used to.

Regardless, it has been an excellent time.

Comment

• A great time as always, and nobody died. On the way to Houghton now to grab some Joey's before heading to WI.

Fish Life Forever

Comment

• 10 hours on the road, alone in my car, big smile on my face the whole way!

I would like to thank everyone that was part of the Midwest meet for making it an awesome and unforgettable ski-boarding experience.

Hope to see you all soon at the next meet
                              Boards:
                              RVL8 2012 Rockered Condor 110cm
                              RVL8 2011 Kirk Thompson Pro "KTP" 101cm
                              RVL8 2012 Rumspringa "MaryJane" 103cm
                              RVL8 2007 ALP 110cm

Bindings:
                              Bomber Elite2
                              RVL8 2014 Receptor "Black"
                              Spruce Composite Riser

Boots:
                              Nordica Ace of Spades 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by MoltenCore View Post
                                10 hours on the road, alone in my car, big smile on my face the whole way!

I would like to thank everyone that was part of the Midwest meet for making it an awesome and unforgettable ski-boarding experience.

Hope to see you all soon at the next meet
                                Glad you were able to make it out Sam and it was great to meet you! Hope to see you at the MwM v7.1 next season!
                                Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

Working...
                                X