No announcement yet.

Shredfest VII (2015) South Lake Tahoe - Mark Your Calendar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm missing Shredfest, but I'll be in SLT in about 48 hours from now with a large group called Ski Kounsel of Illinois (SKI) and we're bringin SNOW WITH US BABY !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shortydude View Post
      I'm missing Shredfest, but I'll be in SLT in about 48 hours from now with a large group called Ski Kounsel of Illinois (SKI) and we're bringin SNOW WITH US BABY !!!!!!
      Shortydude, when I first read your post I misread SLT as STL and thought your group was coming to our friendly but ice-packed little resort near St. Louis, Missouri. That would be an odd thing to do, South Lake Tahoe makes more sense ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by shortydude View Post
        Brings lots of it. No one will complain!
        sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Snow ...

Thanks Shortydude for bringing the snow ... Storm is hitting the Tahoe right now , web cams at ski resorts showing snow , national weather service has issued this storm warning
          More snow on tap Sunday and Monday ... Right on ! More snow may hit us right before or during Shredfest , we may re arrange Shredfest line up to take advantage of which resorts get the most snow ... This storm is favoring resorts to the west side of the lake rather then the east side of the lake ...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN RENO HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM
          WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS...WHICH IS IN EFFECT
          UNTIL 10 AM PST SATURDAY.

* TIMING: HEAVIEST SNOW THIS EVENING...TAPERING TO SHOWERS BY
          SATURDAY MORNING. WINDS DECREASING THROUGH THE OVERNIGHT HOURS.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: 4 TO 12 INCHES BELOW 7000 FEET...WITH THE
          HEAVIEST SNOW WEST OF HIGHWAY 89. TOTALS FROM MID LAKE EASTWARD
          WILL BE MUCH MORE VARIABLE. 1 TO 2 FEET ABOVE 7000 FEET WITH THE
          GREATEST ACCUMULATIONS NEAR THE CREST.
          Boards :
          Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
          Boots
          K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
          Bindings:
          Zero Pro Non release Binding
          Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
          Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
          Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
          Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Snow!!

Mt Rose made out big time in this latest storm scoring 2 feet of snow compared to other Tahoe ski resorts getting around a foot . More snow is on the way .. I am sure Sempai is up at Mt. Rose and will soon give us a report on the conditions there . The Shredfest line up of resorts will likely be changed to allow one or two days at Mt. Rose . watch the calendar as Shredfest approaches!
            Boards :
            Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
            Boots
            K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
            Bindings:
            Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)

Comment

Cool. We were getting worried. We've never been to Mt. Rose and would love to try a new place especially if they have snow.
              64 CM Bigfoot’s
              100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
              110 CM Rockered Condors
              130 CM Spruce Osprey prototype

Comment

Originally posted by jjue View Post
                I am sure Sempai is up at Mt. Rose and will soon give us a report on the conditions there.
                I'm waiting to go up after this next storm coming tonight and tomorrow. What worries me is the 50-degree temps forecasted for Rose at the end of the week. It's a vicious cycle. Colder temps and another storm right before the fest would be nice.
                Boards/Bindings:
                2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

We're up at our little.house in Utah and we're hiking rather than skiing. The locals.said it's solid ice at.Brian Head.
                  64 CM Bigfoot’s
                  100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
                  110 CM Rockered Condors
                  130 CM Spruce Osprey prototype

Comment

Shredfest Schedule Changes

Some Tahoe resorts got more snow then others from the last snow storm which is currently ending and so we have made some changes in the Shredfest schedule which I have asked Slow to post on the calendar . Weather is turning mild for the next week or so and then more snow may arrive just before or during Shredfest! . Looking forward to seeing everyone !.. Here is the latest resort line up

Saturday will be Northstar instead of Sierra at Tahoe , meet at main Ticket Windows near Ice skating rink in the plaza at 900am ,39 miles from South Lake Tahoe , allow minimum travel time of one hour
                    Sunday remains Heavenly Ski resort
                    Monday remains Kirkwood Ski resort .
                    Tuesday will be Mt. Rose instead of Sierra at Tahoe , meet at Ticket Windows at 900am , 37 miles from South Lake Tahoe , allow 1 hour minimum travel time.
                    Boards :
                    Boots
                    Bindings:

Comment

Tuesday will be Mt. Rose instead of Sierra at Tahoe , meet at Ticket Windows at 900am , 37 miles from South Lake Tahoe , allow 1 hour minimum travel time.
                      TWO 'FER TUESDAYS
                      2 All-day lift tickets for the price of one
                      (valid for ADULT, SENIOR, TEEN, OR CHILD LIFT TICKETS)
                      Valid Tuesdays Only void holiday periods: Dec 20-Jan 4, Jan 17-18, Feb 14-15

http://skirose.com/tickets-specials/...daily-specials

Comment

Some Tahoe resorts got more snow then others from the last snow storm which is currently ending and so we have made some changes in the Shredfest schedule which I have asked Slow to post on the calendar . Weather is turning mild for the next week or so and then more snow may arrive just before or during Shredfest! . Looking forward to seeing everyone !.. Here is the latest resort line up

Saturday will be Northstar instead of Sierra at Tahoe , meet at main Ticket Windows near Ice skating rink in the plaza at 900am ,39 miles from South Lake Tahoe , allow minimum travel time of one hour
                        Sunday remains Heavenly Ski resort
                        Monday remains Kirkwood Ski resort .

Done!

https://www.skiboardsonline.com/foru...ad.php?t=15544
                        sigpic

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Comment

I'm sure going to miss you and Maria!! Can't change your minds??
                          boards: '08 Allz, '12 RVL8 Slapdashes, '15 RVL8 Blunt XLs
                          bindings: RVL8 Receptors
                          boots: Salomon Symbio 8.0 boots

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. sempai View Post
                            I'm sure going to miss you and Maria!! Can't change your minds??
                            Not as much as Maria and I will miss being there with you and the rest of the wonderful riders in our community.

For those that are not aware, Maria and I purchased a new travel trailer last summer and plan on travelling the next two summers. So we are planning a new cycle for attending Shredfest. We will skip it for two years in a row, then attend the next two. Shredfest 7 (2015) is the start of the two Shredfests we are skipping. But we will be back for Shredfest 9 (2017) and 10 (2018)!

FYI for the 30+ riders that have confirmed their attendance for Shredfest 7 in just over a week and those tentatively planning on attending, watch for additional information in your email account that I will be sending out later this week.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
                              we are planning a new cycle for attending Shredfest. We will skip it for two years in a row, then attend the next two. Shredfest 7 (2015) is the start of the two Shredfests we are skipping. But we will be back for Shredfest 9 (2017) and 10 (2018)!
                              Slow, you're the most organized guy I know. I'm doing good to plan an hour and a half ahead of time. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                                Slow, you're the most organized guy I know. I'm doing good to plan an hour and a half ahead of time. ;-)
                                Do not assume I am the one doing the organizing in our household!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X