Shredfest VII (2015) South Lake Tahoe - Mark Your Calendar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solarmoon View Post
    So its def booked. Me and my friend marie ae coming out. :-). I hate to ask. But how does everyone else travel with there gear? Never flown with skiboards before.. will a golf bag work or to big? Thanks
    Glad to hear that you are definitely attending.

Some people on the forum have said that they use golf bags for travel.

These work great for carrying multiple boards:

https://www.sportube.com/Series-3-Sp...-p/31brdez.htm

I just pack my boots and stuff in a suitcase.
    Boards/Bindings:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

What sempai said. Just watch the weight so all checked bags & cases are below 50 lbs each.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

Marianne and I have buddy passes that will save you $30 on the lift tickets at Heavenly and Kirkwood. I have six available with my pass. Marianne has four or five. If anyone does not buy their pass online before hand and needs to use one of our buddy passes let us know.
        Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
        Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
        Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
        History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Originally posted by wjeong View Post
          Marianne and I have buddy passes that will save you $30 on the lift tickets at Heavenly and Kirkwood. I have six available with my pass. Marianne has four or five. If anyone does not buy their pass online before hand and needs to use one of our buddy passes let us know.
          Thank you. I would be grateful if you have any to spare. I have Sierra covered with my Powder Alliance Pass but not Heavenly or Kirkwood.
          Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
            Thank you. I would be grateful if you have any to spare. I have Sierra covered with my Powder Alliance Pass but not Heavenly or Kirkwood.
            Ok. Two reserved for you.
            Now: 08 Sherpa's (2), Atomic 120's, 2013 125 Protos, 125 LEs, 2014 Sherpas, Osprey protos, 2015 Blunt XL's, 2016 Ospreys, Ethan Too twintip skis,2017 Shredfest One of kind Spliffs, 2018 Crossbows
            Bindings: Spruce Risers and Tyrolia LD12's
            Boots: Full Tilt Booters, Tecnica Agent 110
            History: Atomic shorty's, Sporten, Groove Taxis, Head 94's, ALPs, Spruce 120 Blue boards, Custom Lacroixs, Rocker Condors, 08 Summit 110's, Hagan offlimits 133's, Rossi 130's, 2011 Summit Marauders

Comment

Ok. Two reserved for you.
              Thank you.

This really is a great community to be a part of.

Comment

With Shredfest only 6 weeks away, this is a reminder to PM me to confirm your attendance. This includes the "regular" participants who also need to ID those that are accompanying them as guests.

The sooner the better please.
                sigpic

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Comment

Hi... Any chance me and my friend could have some?

I guess we would have to meet you either at the meet on Saturday or at the hill?

Thanks

For a travel bag I have a bag (not padded) im thinking of just using bubble wrap around the boards and call it a day. Might save me some money too for the trip.

Comment

Not from personal experience, but many have used a cardboard core (think those used for housing rolled up posters). Cores come in a wide variety of IDs and lengths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slow View Post
                      With Shredfest only 6 weeks away, this is a reminder to PM me to confirm your attendance. This includes the "regular" participants who also need to ID those that are accompanying them as guests.

The sooner the better please.

Make that just over four weeks away. Please PM no later than February 6th if you plan on attending the best skiboarding community event of the year.
                      sigpic

Comment

...............just three weeks away. Please PM no later than February 6th if you plan on attending the best skiboarding community event of the year.

You do not want to miss this event. There are already over 30 confirmed riders including some of the best you will ever have an opportunity to ride with.
                        sigpic

Comment

Can't wait!! First ever. I'll just keep praying to the snow gods to dump there.

Comment

Originally posted by Solarmoon View Post
                            Can't wait!! First ever. I'll just keep praying to the snow gods to dump there.
                            Poor snow in Tahoe is still better than great snow in many other locations. And it is simply breathtaking scenery.
                            sigpic

Comment

Shredfest VII (2015) South Lake Tahoe - Mark Your Calendar

Originally posted by slow View Post
                              Poor snow in Tahoe is still better than great snow in many other locations. And it is simply breathtaking scenery.
                              I don't know. It looks pretty miserable. Sierra only has twelve of nineteen blue runs open and four of ten blacks. The reports say the off trail terrain like the trees is very bare. Arizona has more snow, but the views aren't quite as nice. Hurry up and snow already!

Comment

Update on Shredfest Conditions .

Shredfest is rapidly approaching , now less then three weeks a way . We may have one of our largest groups ever , currently topping out over 30 riders. I know everyone is wondering about the snow and snow conditions. There is no secret that this has been another drought year in California with some snow in December and then a historic dry January . The storm door is supposed to open this weekend ,with 1-2 feet of high elevation snow and rain at lower elevations. Luckily Heavenly has the highest summit elevation in Tahoe and should reap some snow in the storm . Mt. Rose has a high base elevation and also should pick up some snow . Hopefully the storm door will open in time for Shredfest to give us some colder and lower elevation snow . In any event those of us in the Tahoe area are closely monitoring the conditions at the ski resorts and as a result the resort line up for Shredfest may change to insure the best possible conditions. So please monitor the calendar for updates. Right now the best snow conditions in Tahoe are at Heavenly with most of their signature intermediate runs all the way from the California side to the Nevada side in good shape with excellent grooming and an extensive snowmaking system and high elevation . Regardless of the snow conditions , I am sure we will have a great time . Shredfest is all about getting together as a group and shredding the slopes together and we certainly will be doing a lot of that !.Look forward to seeing everyone !
                                Boards :
                                Blunt Xl, DLP, Spliff, Condor, Rockered Condor , Slingshot, Sherpa, Icelantic Shaman
                                Boots
                                K2 BFC 100 Grip walk sole , Dynafit CR Radical AT boot, Ride Insano Snowboard boots
                                Bindings:
                                Zero Pro Non release Binding
                                Modified Receptor Backcountry Bindings (Bill Version and Slow Version)
                                Spruce Riser with Attack 14 GW /AT binding
                                Custom Risers with Fritschi Backcountry Bindings (Jeff Singer version 1, Bill version)
                                Rocker and Sbol Soft Boot Bindings.

Comment

Working...
                                X