Midwest Meet 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sempai View Post
    I've only been out once. I think we are going out this weekend. Then I'll be getting three days in before the meet.

http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ay.php?f=10#en

Andrew,

It will be interesting to learn how you like the Rocker bindings and snowboard boot setup. I've been considering going that route myself.
    I'm not sure what size shoe you wear, but I'll have size 13 boots that I'll be using in case anyone else wants to try it out. I bought the absolute stiffest snowboard boots I could find, the Atomic Tremor boots. Stiff rating of 10 on a 10 scale. I put them on and can't get the things off they are so tight, so at least I know I'll feel safe around the ankles. Plus the bindings are built very strong so I think that'll help support.

Knowing us (and Tim) we'll probably have a good hour or two discussion on these bindings inbetween runs or in the evening, it's bound to happen!
    Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

• I have 12 days in so far, but the conditions have been pretty rough. Ice or mush, nothing in between.

Comment

• I was finally able to go out last saturday. The snow, the crowd(less), it was the best day i've ever ridden there. They've been making snow all week so i'll likely go friday and saturday. Next week in preparation to the trip i requested the whole week in the office so i'll probably go monday and wednesday too.

Comment

• Originally posted by adeehr View Post

Knowing us (and Tim) we'll probably have a good hour or two discussion on these bindings inbetween runs or in the evening, it's bound to happen!
          What's that supposed to mean?!

But seriously, I'm stoked so see these things in person. I'd be considering them myself if I didn't already have too much invested in my Track 225/Bomber setup.

As far as days on the snow go, I've also had zero. I am planning on getting out somewhere (anywhere) this weekend, but that'll be it. I've also spent the last four months sitting at a desk thanks to my new position, so I'm severely out of shape. I'm pretty much betting everything on Jack's opinion of the magic rockered Condors to get me through the meet this year.
          RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
            What's that supposed to mean?!

But seriously, I'm stoked so see these things in person. I'd be considering them myself if I didn't already have too much invested in my Track 225/Bomber setup.

As far as days on the snow go, I've also had zero. I am planning on getting out somewhere (anywhere) this weekend, but that'll be it. I've also spent the last four months sitting at a desk thanks to my new position, so I'm severely out of shape. I'm pretty much betting everything on Jack's opinion of the magic rockered Condors to get me through the meet this year.
            You know EXACTLY what I mean!!

Yikes man! A desk job, that's killer on the strength of your legs.

I'm kicking myself now for not getting the season pass, not because I think I'll be in shape to do 3 days, but for the fact that I don't want to pay $150 to ride, even a short while, all days. DAMNIT!
            Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

• Originally posted by adeehr View Post
              You know EXACTLY what I mean!!

Yikes man! A desk job, that's killer on the strength of your legs.

I'm kicking myself now for not getting the season pass, not because I think I'll be in shape to do 3 days, but for the fact that I don't want to pay $150 to ride, even a short while, all days. DAMNIT!
              I said the same thing last year. Fortunately Dennis didn't ski Sunday and I didn't have to pay.

Comment

• Marshall, are you still interested in trying the Condors? I'll be bringing them anyway, but I was just curious.

I just ordered some extra batteries and SD cards for my GoPro, so I should also be able to get a good bit of footage. To all with cameras, don't forget to record some miscellaneous traveling shots. We also need to bring the cameras along into Houghton on Saturday for some apreskiboarding footage. These are always good to flesh out an edit.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

• In the past two weeks they've accumulated 83 inches of snow??? I'll be going out today to get the new bombers adjusted and the boards broken in. I'll let ya all know if the snowpants still fit!

SNOW REPORT: JANUARY 15, 2012 AT 7:00AM
                  Past 24 hours: 1 inches
                  Season Total: 83 inches

We have over 50 runs open and 300 acres of terrain
                  100% Bohemia Mining Company
                  100% Pirates Cove
                  100% Haunted Valley
                  70% Bear Den
                  100% Outerlimits
                  Tommyknockers, Badlands and the Bluffs are now open

Expect umarked obstacles

Comment

Marshall, are you still interested in trying the Condors? I'll be bringing them anyway, but I was just curious.

I just ordered some extra batteries and SD cards for my GoPro, so I should also be able to get a good bit of footage. To all with cameras, don't forget to record some miscellaneous traveling shots. We also need to bring the cameras along into Houghton on Saturday for some apreskiboarding footage. These are always good to flesh out an edit.
                    Always interested in trying something new. I forgot we had that conversation.

I was planning on doing exactly that Tim. Actually think I'm going to time lapse the travel section, minus the stops.

I've got two 32gb sd's and I'm planning on filling them every day.

Comment

• Who will be arriving when at Bohemia? I'm driving up Friday morning from my stay in Ironwood. I'll be there by opening time. Anyone else?
                      Boards/Bindings:
                      2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                      2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
                      2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
                      2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
                      Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
                      Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

• I believe the current plan for those of us coming up from Wisconsin is to arrive at the mountain around noon. I don't think this is set in stone though.

Comment

• Marshall and I will be arriving around opening time (10:00 AM Friday).

Comment

I believe the current plan for those of us coming up from Wisconsin is to arrive at the mountain around noon. I don't think this is set in stone though.
                            If we want to get there around noon that means Nick and I need to get to Andrew's house around 6 or 6:30am.
                            From my aunts house to Andrew's house is 60 miles so it should be a little under a 1.5 hour drive. So if Nick gets to my aunts about 4:45 or 5am that could get us to the mountain by about noon, weather permitting. That would mean Nick would leave his house in Waukesha at about 4am. I hope he's ok with that.

Comment

• I'll be making the 10 hour drive thursday morning to arrive in houton for some dinner @ tech and possible skiing ripley thursday night. I'm leaving houghton Friday morning to get to the mountain around noon on friday

Comment

• Looks like the weather is going to rock this weekend! no 0 degree and below days. It will be nice not to have to wear as many layers like last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X