No announcement yet.

Midwest Meet 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, I plan to ship the boards the preceding weekend, so they are sure to get to you in time.

Also, I forgot to mention that I picked up a GoPro HD recently, so we'll have more filming options.
    RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

• Awesome! Sounds like we'll have 3 cameras: 2 GoPros and 1 Contour.

I'll bring a computer we can dump everything on and watch the footage. If people want to bring hard drives we can send everyone home with copies of all the files too.

Comment

• Just came across this clip of a few guys on shorties at Bohemia. This should get everyone revved up. I sure hope there's a big storm before the meet. I want powder like in this vid.

Boards/Bindings:
        2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
        2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
        Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
        Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

• omg I couldn't watch more than a minute of that video...I get this weird feeling that it was filmed in the 80s...

Comment

• Originally posted by nolhay View Post
            omg I couldn't watch more than a minute of that video...I get this weird feeling that it was filmed in the 80s...
            80's, why?
            Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
            Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
            Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

• SNOW REPORT: JANUARY 9, 2012 AT NOON
              Good News:
              Picked up more snow over the weekend
              Better news:
              Snow is predicted starting Wednesday thru Saturday

We now have over 21 runs open covering 100 acres of terrain

All the runs of Haunted Valley are now open
              All of Pirates Cove and Prospector, Widowmaker, TNT, Pick axe, Claim Jumper, Powder keg, Rumbling Bear, Black Bear, Upper Polar Bear, Upper Beast, and Brown Bear.
              Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

• I have 4 batteries and two 32gb cards for my hero2. I plan on filming everything...and maybe some time lapse shots.

Comment

• Shirt Update
                  Hey everyone, the shirts arrived at my house yesterday. I'll take a look at them tonight and post up some photos. I'll be bringing them to Bohemia and passing them out there. If for some reason anyone is unable to make it, I'll mail them their shirt after the meet.

Snow Update
                  Bohemia has a decent amount of the mountain open right now. This coming week is looking promising.

Originally posted by Mavrick View Post
                  I have 4 batteries and two 32gb cards for my hero2. I plan on filming everything...and maybe some time lapse shots.
                  Nice! That will be perfect!

Comment

• The skiboarder silhouette is a little dark on the darker colored shirts, but everything else looks great.

Comment

• Those look really nice!
                      Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                      Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

• Bohemia is in the 12+ category for the next 48 hours!

Comment

• Has anyone else been able to ride yet this year?? I have had ZERO days on the slopes...The ski hills near me are basically bare and have a couple runs where they've put heavy snow making into but it's only a couple.

I wish I would have at least one day before bohemia to get familiar with my new snowboard boot/rocker binding setup in place, but it looks like I'll hit it hard with new gear...might want to keep that cameras off me...I call dibs on last guy in the line!!
                          Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

Comment

• I've only been out once. I think we are going out this weekend. Then I'll be getting three days in before the meet.

http://www.skiboardsonline.com/forum...ay.php?f=10#en

Andrew,

It will be interesting to learn how you like the Rocker bindings and snowboard boot setup. I've been considering going that route myself.
                            Boards/Bindings:

Boots:
                            Salomon X-Pro 80

Comment

• I think I've had 7 or 8 days now
                              I do it because I can.
                              I can because I want to.
                              I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
                              '08 KTPs

Comment

• Originally posted by SkaFreak View Post
                                I think I've had 7 or 8 days now
                                Sure Andrew, rub that in!

Comment

Working...
                                X