Midwest Meet 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adeehr View Post
    Yup they'll be fun to WATCH haha. I want to make sure I can ride all weekend and not die...then again if it's all powder...hmmmm
    Bohemia was definitely a work out. Love the mountain and the small independent vibe. This place is nothing like the commercialized resorts that most ski resorts have become.

Comment

Yea I need to make sure I do more wall sits this year and get my lower half more ready for this punnishment. To think, if we actually have powder this year it'll probably be more of a workout, yikes!

If anyone that hasn't been there plans to come, and aren't in the best shape, make sure to get your legs nice and strong. I can't stress that enough. I was good the first day, but at night my legs tightened up and was a wabbly mess day 2. I NEED STRONGER LEGS!
      Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
        Definitely looking forward to riding it with powder rather than slush. Should be amazing!

So far it looks like January 23/24 will be our weekend. Feel free to vote even if you're not 100% sure you'll be able to make it. We want to make this doable for as many riders possible.
        Have any idea what the conditions were over these dates last season? Was there even much snow around that time?
        Boards/Bindings:
        2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2023 Spruce Stingers w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
        2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
        2020 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
        Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys, Crossbows
        Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Comment

I just called them and they said historically they've been 100% open January 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
            I just called them and they said historically they've been 100% open January 1st.
            Thems good numbers I reckon!
            Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Comment

Just a reminder to anyone coming, Bohemia is running their $99 season pass again this year. They'll be available on December 4th again.
              RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

So far it's looking like January 23/24 will be our weekend. There's still lots of time to vote, so if you're considering coming let us know which weekend works for you!

Comment

That would give me a month to recover before the US Open and Shredfest, so that sounds good to me.

Any plans for shirts again this year?

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
                    Any plans for shirts again this year?
                    If you want them we'll make them!

Comment

I'll definitely buy one if they are available. I know it takes some work to get them designed and made though, so I can understand if we don't have them.

Comment

A few important questions.

What are the exact set dates?
                        What is the closest airport?
                        Urban riding when off the slopes, anyone?
                        Lodging?
                        etc….
                        I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Originally posted by fourdown View Post
                          A few important questions.

Lodging?
                          etc….
                          Arrive Friday January 22nd option to ride depending on what time you get in.
                          Ride Saturday and Sunday, leave Sunday after close at 4:30.

Being that this is literally in the middle of nowhere, there isn't a major airport nearby. It may be easier to fly into a major airport and carpool from there than find a flight into the closest small airport which is called Houghton County Memorial Airport and is 27 miles southwest of Bohemia.

There isn't much of an urban area nearby, but we did drive into town one night and eat. Urban riding may be more possible in town, but I don't recall any handrails near the resort.

Lodging?
                          We'll likely rent the cabins again. Each cabin sleeps 4 people (2 sets of bunk beds) and has a bathroom. The other option would be the yurts which sleep 10 I believe, but do not have a bathroom so you have to use the shared bathroom along with everyone else who stays at the yurts. I believe there are at least 5 yurts.

Comment

I vote for the cabins again.

There weren't any hand rails, but we did have the super awesome homemade kicker right outside the cabins, lol. There is no park at Bohemia, and only a handfull of trails. The emphasis is on glade runs, but there are plenty of natural features to be played with. There were a couple fallen trees that looked grindable if you wanted to take the time to do some prep work.

I'll be travelling PA to OH and up through the mitten to the UP. GoM is also coming up from OH. There are no set carpools at this point, but if book a flight into an airport along someones route, I'm sure you'll get picked up. As far as schedule, I'm planning on arriving in Houghton Thursday night and riding Friday through Sunday like last year.

Comment

I too vote cabins, yurts seem a bit too budget for my tastes.
                              Revel8 ALPdors
                              Gold Revel8 Receptors
                              Kneissl Flexon Pro Boots

____
                              ____
                              Be who you are, it makes you charismatic...
                              If life's not beautiful without the pain, well I'd just rather never ever even see beauty again.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
                                I vote for the cabins again.

There weren't any hand rails, but we did have the super awesome homemade kicker right outside the cabins, lol. There is no park at Bohemia, and only a handfull of trails. The emphasis is on glade runs, but there are plenty of natural features to be played with. There were a couple fallen trees that looked grindable if you wanted to take the time to do some prep work.

I'll be travelling PA to OH and up through the mitten to the UP. GoM is also coming up from OH. There are no set carpools at this point, but if book a flight into an airport along someones route, I'm sure you'll get picked up. As far as schedule, I'm planning on arriving in Houghton Thursday night and riding Friday through Sunday like last year.
                                Jarad and I are most likely going up too, we can follow Dennis, if anyone needs a lift.

08 KTP's - FF-Pro's
                                Line Weapons - SnowJam X2
                                SnowJam 90TTs - SnowJam X2
                                Dalbello Aerro 67
                                Volcom Shatter Jacket (Spaids Light)

Comment

Working...
                                X