Mahatma - Where Are You ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mahatma - Where Are You ?

Has anyone here been in contact with Mahatma? He hasn't posted in over a year. I miss hearing his stories. I pm'd him, but he won't get that unless he checks in back here at SBOL. If anyone has his email maybe you can find out how he's doing.

I PMed him more than a year ago with no reply...
    Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

I keep looking to see if his daughter is keeping goal for the Japanese national team.
      Just these, nothing else !

Comment

In Feb 2015 he sold a set of 2015 Rockered Blunt XL's, and made his last post in Dec 2015. I pm'd the Blunt XL Buyer to see if they may have some contact info.

He always called his daughter Hannah, but that may have been her pet Americanized name. He said she played on the Japan Soccer Federation Nadesko League Team. But I don't know her last name. Maybe someone here can track her down and ask about her dad.

Comment

I was wondering about him recently as well. Hope he is doing OK and still ripping around Japan.
          In pursuit of Peace, Harmony and Flow.....
          Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

I'm very sad right now. I'm sorry to report that Mahatma passed away in May of 2015. He was a great guy, always positive and with such insight and worldly knowledge. I spoke with him over the phone a number of times and he was truly a wonderful person.

VANNON A. STAMBAUGH; formerly of Harrisburg, passed away suddenly on May 18, 2015. Vannon served in the Air Force for several years and made Japan his home. He leaves behind three loving children; his mother, Donna Stambaugh Wanamaker and his father, Thomas E. Stambaugh, both of Harrisburg; a brother, Troy Stambaught of Middletown; a sister, Carla Sellers of Harrisburg, and many close relatives. Services to celebrate Vannon's life will be held 11:00 am, Tuesday, June 2, 2015, at Neill Funeral Home, 3501 Derry Street, Harrisburg, with a viewing from 10:00 am until the time of service. Burial will be in Indiantown Gap Cemetery at 1:00 pm.

http://www.legacy.com/guestbooks/pen...nces/174980709

Comment

Damn, I was afraid of that. I am thoroughly bummed.

Greco, thanks for solving the mystery. I was hoping for a better resolution.

I wish there was something we as an extended family group could do for his family.

He did post a ton of stories and pictures as he shared his life with us. I bet we could get all those pics and stories put together into a physical book. I think there's several online resources that do that, a lot of people have picture books made for birthday or Christmas presents. But, I've not used any of them my self.

I'll certainly help out with expenses, if we can figure out what we should do.

Damn, we've lost a good friend. He has a great soul.

Comment

That's a real shame. Mahatma's posts were always entertaining. He wrote very well---often with a dry sense of humor---and was obviously a character (in the best sense of the word). I do recall he mentioned health issues from time to time.

Comment

It looks like Hannah is still on the National Team.
                  http://www.jfa.jp/eng/national_team/u19w_2017/member/

Comment

Very sorry to hear that. Greco - thanks for posting this. I would encourage everyone who enjoyed reading Vannon's posts to share their thoughts in his online memorial book - the link is in Greco's post.

I enjoyed reading Vannon's posts. I felt as though I were riding down the slopes in Japan with him. I never met him and never talked to him, but I felt I knew him pretty well through what he shared here. He is missed in this community.

Here is to Mahatma! May he find endless pow forever.
                    Think Like a Mountain

Boards ridden, some owned: Sherpas, Spruce 120 "STS", Blunts, DS110 custom prototypes, Rockered Condors, Revolts, DLPs, Summit Custom 110s, Summit Marauders, Head 94s, Raptor prototypes, Osprey prototypes.

Comment

Sad news.

Here is a linq to the threads started by mahatma over the years:

https://www.skiboardsonline.com/foru...earchid=734160

This is my favorite mahatma thread. It chronicals the 2014/2015 skiboard season he experienced in Japan. And told in a way only mahatma could.

Here we go
                      Just these, nothing else !

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post
                        This is my favorite mahatma thread. It chronicals the 2014/2015 skiboard season he experienced in Japan. And told in a way only mahatma could.

Here we go
                        That is a classic!
                        Think Like a Mountain

Comment

The world has lost a good man and great story teller. I like others, miss mahatma's wit and insights on life.
                          sigpic

Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Comment

1966 - 2015, that's only 49 years to walk this earth, way too short.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Wolf View Post

Here we go
                              I just used up a whole lotta time I should have been working to read that entire thread, not realizing that it ended just days before his passing. He seems to have had a quiet, understated joy for life (tempered with a dry sense of humour). I truly wish I had met him in person...
                              Sticky Icky Ickys (I think I'm in love )
                              Spruce 120's (they served me well)
                              Trikke Skki

Comment

Working...
                              X