Airports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airports

I fly very often and am so bored in airports. What do you do in aiports to keep busy?
    I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Originally posted by Dave Bloom View Post
    I fly very often and am so bored in airports. What do you do in aiports to keep busy?
    Depending on the size of the airport, and how much time I'm there I'll do some or a few of the following
    1. Walk the length of the terminal or terminals just to see what all the different airplanes look like and where they are going, plus you get to people watch
    2. Get out the iPad and play a game or read an iBook
    3. Try to strike up a conversation with someone sitting near by
    4. Update all the various Social Network sites with what I'm doing or where I'm going
    5. Start a trip log and write the "airport" entry (used to do that not anymore)
    6. Surf the net on an iPad/iPhone
    7. Call up a friend or hell I admit it....my mom and talk to them till the plane lands cause I'm bored.

Comment

Don't spend too much time there myself, but I tend to just find a nice corner to sit in and people watch. Airports are the perfect place for it. You see some pretty crazy stuff.
      I do it because I can.
      I can because I want to.
      I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
      '08 KTPs

Comment

Originally posted by SkaFreak View Post
        Don't spend too much time there myself, but I tend to just find a nice corner to sit in and people watch. Airports are the perfect place for it. You see some pretty crazy stuff.
        totally agree. I watch people...that sounds really creepy but its fun and entertaining. At the pick up\ drop off zone is the most fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Nessagirl18 View Post
          totally agree. I watch people...that sounds really creepy but its fun and entertaining. At the pick up\ drop off zone is the most fun.
          By far the most amusing folks are watching parents trying to control their crazy children (it's like herding cats) or large groups all trying to keep together and freaking out in general.

Comment

Eh, I grew up in NY. I've seen the full range. And, I'm a teacher, so I see the children aspect as part of my job on a daily basis. I found myself just eating a lot, which is what I do when I am bored. I happened to fall asleep for 30 minutes sitting upside down on a chair, which was just long enough to allow all of the blood to rush away from my legs. That may have been the most extreme pins and needles I have ever dealt with, adding on to the fact that I woke up to it, fell out of my chair, and started yelling and punching my legs. Ouch!
            I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

Eh, I grew up in NY. I've seen the full range. And, I'm a teacher, so I see the children aspect as part of my job on a daily basis. I found myself just eating a lot, which is what I do when I am bored. I happened to fall asleep for 30 minutes sitting upside down on a chair, which was just long enough to allow all of the blood to rush away from my legs. That may have been the most extreme pins and needles I have ever dealt with, adding on to the fact that I woke up to it, fell out of my chair, and started yelling and punching my legs. Ouch!
              HAHAHA, ohh Dave, I do wish I could have witness you jumping up and punching your legs when you woke up 30 mins later. See this is what I'm talking about with the people watching.....wheres a video camera when you need it.

Comment

I happened to fall asleep for 30 minutes sitting upside down on a chair, which was just long enough to allow all of the blood to rush away from my legs. That may have been the most extreme pins and needles I have ever dealt with, adding on to the fact that I woke up to it, fell out of my chair, and started yelling and punching my legs. Ouch!
                And its things like this that make people watching in the airport worthwhile, hehe.
                I do it because I can.
                I can because I want to.
                I want to because you said I couldn't.

"The butterflies in my stomach have flown up through my throat and learned to love the open air." - World/Inferno

Spruce Sherpas with Prime Pros
                '08 KTPs

Comment

Originally posted by SkaFreak View Post
                  And its things like this that make people watching in the airport worthwhile, hehe.
                  It would be the icing too your vacation cake wouldn't it!!

Comment

I think Dave that you are one of those entertaining people that are fun to watch in the airport. I can't believe you actually fell asleep upside down in a chair? That doesn't even sound comfortable in the least.

Comment

Mmm... depends on the airport.

London Heathrow T5 (I am seldom use any other terminal nowadays) - Starbucks, get something to drink, listen to music, read book.

Amsterdam Schiphol - always have some Flemish fries (or Vlaamse Fritters as it is known locally). If you remember the opening lines from Pulp Fiction, then indeed these fries come with mayonnaise. This is one airport where shopping is great.

Seattle - Have a chowder before flying back home. If US-inbound, I usually fall asleep waiting for the connecting flight

Chicago - spend as much time in domestic, as international departures are just a dire place to be. If US-inbound, I usually buy beef jerky, then sit down and read, maybe listening to some music, whilst waiting for the connecting flight.

Portland - Watch people; I probably have spent to much time in this airport

Johannesburg - Shopping is great, food is great. I always spend a lot of time in the music shop looking for new local talent.

If it is a new airport, I spend a lot of time on recon
                      Current: '20 Spruce Slingshot 119s, '20 Spruce Crossbow 115s, '18 Spruce Osprey 132s (touring), '21 Rvl8 SII 104s, '21 Summit Invertigos 118s
                      Also: '11 Allz Elaila 94s, '12 Rvl8 Rockered Condor 110s, '15 Spruce Osprey 132s , '18 Spruce Crossbow 115s
                      Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Spruce Yellow 120s, Eman Uprise 104s

Comment

I like to leave my bag in the middle of everything and wait for someone to call security, then go get my bag before security gets there and watch the person get harassed for making false claims:-)

I also call my Mom like JohnBham does!
                        33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                          I like to leave my bag in the middle of everything and wait for someone to call security, then go get my bag before security gets there and watch the person get harassed for making false claims:-)

I also call my Mom like JohnBham does!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You are my hero Zach!!! That is freaking awesome.

Mom's are great for stuff like that. Love talking with my momma. Plus you can't have a good vacation unless Momma knows your there safe and ok. It makes em worry less than they normally would.

Comment

I sleep, eat, watch movies, and listen to music. I try to pick flights with as little connections as possible to prevent boredom.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnBham View Post
                              HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You are my hero Zach!!! That is freaking awesome.

Mom's are great for stuff like that. Love talking with my momma. Plus you can't have a good vacation unless Momma knows your there safe and ok. It makes em worry less than they normally would.

The only thing my mom cares about is "who is taking care of your dogs" and "your not bringing them here right?"

Oh, and if we are going to Maine, that I bring her back Lobsters!
                              33 down, 12 to go!

Comment

Working...
                              X