Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aggressive Inline skates

Hello,

I have been doing some research lately on the Razors G9's and i was wondering are Razors good, and would there be any other skates that would be in the same price range that you think are better?

thanks,

Mark
    sigpic

Hey Canadian brother.. contact the guys at www.shop-task.com and they'll hook you up with good skates. Have heard good things from Dave Bloom on the Razors.

Later..

Comment

No not yet, probable on holidays, and I have seen some good reviews but its always good to have different perspectives, and its good to see some Canadians on, ha ha.
      sigpic

Comment

Razor makes good skates. My friend and a lot of people start out on those.

BUT, for $100 more you get A LOT more. The dre powells are so sick and they are @ $300 i think. I paid more for custom ones.

but they have a lot more options as far as changing parts and colors and stuff and they are better all around. The boot is a huge difference and is awesome.

but g9s are def aright. I used sh*tty rollerblade brand ones for my first 6 months back into it.

good luck, have fun!

Comment

Thanks, they look much more comfortable, but I am going to probable get them in april becauseI am in a large amount of debt from longboarding and skiboarding, but im going to keep them in mind.
          sigpic

Comment

I love Razors. That's all I skate. If you are looking to keep it around $100 you have a few options.

Razors Cult 9
            Valo Tv
            Rollerblade TRS DT5

If you look around you could definitely find some other skates for cheaper because models have been discontinued (they do this to skates a year old or more even if the design hasn't changed for newer models: usually it's just color changes).

I just saw the Razors Dre2, Horn, and Aragon 4 skate for about $200 because two team skates have already come out since.

Companies that make skates with more of a ski boot feeling are Razors, SSM, and Rollerblade. Valo, Remz, and USD typically have lower cut cuffs. Xsjad has a completely free feeling because of the design, but is nothing like a ski boot.
            I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

i noticed that some have 2 wheels compared to 4, does that affect anything?
              sigpic

Comment

When there are two larger wheels on the outside and two smaller wheels (or plastic-like wheels), that is called anti-rocker. That allows space on the middle for grinding. When there are four of the same size wheels, that is called riding flat or fourdown (hence my nickname/company that has stuck with me since 1994). When there are just two wheels (on in the front and one in the back) with nothing in the middle, that is called freestyle. Freestyle specific frame have a much large groove in the middle and have an almost triangular grooved shape to them to allow for grinding very large things.

When it comes to freestyle rolling/skating, the space in the middle of the frame is there for grinding. Everyone has their preference, but for the most part people nowadays ride either anti-rocker or freestyle setups. Those who ride flat use special flat frames designed to either space the middle wheels further apart than standard frames or have a low bridged groove that extends to the insides of the two middle wheels.
                I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

Comment

so if im not experienced and am not that precise on rails or anything like that, what would you recommend me to get?
                  sigpic

Comment

Anti-rocker. Go with Razors or Valo.
                    I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

Comment

http://www.shop-task.com/RAZORS_G7_4...a-g7.4-grn.htm

I was looking at this it says antirocker.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LugeDude View Post
                        http://www.shop-task.com/RAZORS_G7_4...a-g7.4-grn.htm

I was looking at this it says antirocker.

good choice, yes those are anti rocker....i think i like antirocker better. my new razors came with just 2 wheels and the "open" middle or triangle shaped like dave said. Its not BAD but its not as stable for me when grinding. the anti rockers kinda HOLD you on better. IMO

Comment

Now I want to find a place were i can get them cheap! Im going down to seattle in 2 weeks, does anyone know of any places i can get some cheap?
                          sigpic

Comment

Ok, I choose the Valo Tv 3's. I have bunions which suck so much but its not bad. My foot fits fine into my Salomon spk's and there snug and comfortable. Will my foot fit fine into a pair of Tv 3's or should I look at a different skate. I need to know because I have to order online due to lack of skate shops.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LugeDude View Post
                              Ok, I choose the Valo Tv 3's. I have bunions which suck so much but its not bad. My foot fits fine into my Salomon spk's and there snug and comfortable. Will my foot fit fine into a pair of Tv 3's or should I look at a different skate. I need to know because I have to order online due to lack of skate shops.
                              Here's how you should start - call some shops, such as ShopTask, Aggressivemall, Revolution Skate shop, etc, and ask them what their return policy is. I think they understand that it's hard to try skates on with a general lack of inline shops these days, and they are also skater owned shops that want your business. See if you can buy a boot (or two) and return them if they don't fit. If you take advantage of sales or discounted other items, the few bucks return shipping shouldn't be an issue. With your bunions, the boot will make or break inlining for you. So make sure you do it right!

Comment

Working...
                              X