No announcement yet.

What skiboarding will be in the future.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What skiboarding will be in the future.

well ive just been lookin at a bunch of the new brands and it kinda looks like almost every brand has givin up on skiboarding. there are 2 companys that are making boards worth riding now (in my opinion) canon and mix (cant wait for those). well ive been seeing some companys trying to make skiboards to compare with salomons. what is the point to ride those if your gona make a board make to be able to compete with the best brands such as canon. skiboarding needs to make a comeback. not like so its mainstream as it was but just so its a little bigger and so more people will invest more money into the sport to make boards worth riding.
    if this makes no sense sorry but i got some anger out.

J

the new spruce boards are a good thing. they will compete in ski shops against the salomons but they will incorporate the things that make canons the best: wood cores, 4 hole mounts and quality bindings. right now most ski store shoppers who buy snowblades do so on impulse. they don't know about canons or good skiboards. at least if they buy these they will be one step closer to the wider boards we all love and they can use the same bindings, plus the boards and graphics are quality. right now if someone buys salomons and then finds out what real skiboards are they have to junk them and buy an entirely new setup. the new spruce boards can only help our sport.

-G

Comment

if we made boards more worth riding skiboarding would grow. so the people who want to try it but are afraid of being made fun of wont care because they saw someone else havin a ton of fun on them. i started because i saw courtney on them and they looked pretty cool so i tried them and i loved it. but if no one at my mountain boarded i wouldnt of tried them because i didnt see anyone ride them and i didnt have any one to help choose between good boards and shit.

Comment

jordahl,
        i jumped all over the spruce board thing at first, but as greco said, it is a good thing, we need medians inbetween areas of our sport, when people see these spruce boards they're gonna set a new level of quality and workmenship that salomin doesn't have. hopefully with a brand like this, people will refuse 8 hole plastic bindings and foam cores in the future, as well as some of the other shady shit salomin, elan ect. put into there boards.
        and also with these great things in there boards, it builds a bridge over to the core companys, canon and soon to be mix. which will hopefully bring more core riders, giving the companys more money for expansion with advertising and greater selections.
        there is lots of shit goin down this year it seems, new vid, new boards, new clothes, big trips, and big goals. with all the sauce talking i've been hearing this pre-season shit should go off.
        skiboarding only has one way to go and its up from here.
        i'm sure if everyone one on this forum goes out pass's the word and kills it this year skiboarding will have a great future.
        REVEL8 Killin it Since 05!!!!.....maybe we're just alil more epic?

Comment

i guess i see the point but for the people who have more money and want to buy a relly good pair of boards, we need to get some brands to compair with canons and mix. if we could get like 2 more relly good brands (as line used to be) our sport would be way bigger (I think)

Comment

spruce is going to be a good company, same materials and good graphics like canon, but different dimensions for different demographics, this is a direction i think the sport needs to go before you see our side get any bigger. if everyone here, instead of buying that 65 doller hoodie at there local skate shop came on sites like this and paid 35-40 for a core companys shit, then you will prolly see a wider viarty it the near future, as for now, pick a pair of boards from mix or canon,(they will kick ass) and rip the shit outa everything in site, get amazingly good that people wanna pay you for it, and get skiboarding put back in the x games, sure they exploite the sport, but skiboarding could use the publicicity

Comment

right on man. i know for a fact skiboarders aren't supporting skiboarding clothing companies, that's why they all went out of business. don't get me wrong, a few people buy their clothes but not many.

g

Comment

i dont buy skiboard clothes cuz i dont like most of them, except that HC techweart shirt and the SBOL one is nice. im jsut waiting til i ahve more stuff to buy so i save on shipping.
                Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

For me its the size when it comes to clothing. Its hard to find a skiboard hoodie in a small. I think if we could get a clothing company with a good size range and some sick stuff they'd be doing pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Greco
                    the new spruce boards are a good thing. they will compete in ski shops against the salomons but they will incorporate the things that make canons the best: wood cores, 4 hole mounts and quality bindings. right now most ski store shoppers who buy snowblades do so on impulse. they don't know about canons or good skiboards. at least if they buy these they will be one step closer to the wider boards we all love and they can use the same bindings, plus the boards and graphics are quality. right now if someone buys salomons and then finds out what real skiboards are they have to junk them and buy an entirely new setup. the new spruce boards can only help our sport.

-G

Being a beginner myself I can say that this rings true...
                    I was a skier for years when I was younger, than I got older and wider...lost some weight (80 pounds) and tried to go skiing again. Instead of taking my own I rented shorter ones and had a blast, so the next time out I figured I'd try snowblades....rented a pair of atomic 99's from a local ski shop and had a blast. Then I started to do the research and found this website along with skiboards.com and saw what I was missing out on. Picked up a used set of Canon M7's with cam lock bindings to start off with and just today picked up one of the older groove boards that Greco has on here. I'm really looking forward to hitting the mountain this year. While I'm not going to ever be able to hit the park like most of you, just getting in the air once in a while, riding fakie, and hitting the woods without having the boards pop off and chattering to death will be a major improvement. I'm not one that will be able to add anything to the sport as physically it just isn't there, but I'm hooked as these things are WAY more FUN then skis!!!

Thanks for setting a fat early 30's guy in the right direction...

John
                    SBOL Team III Member
                    Icelantic Scout 143cm / Marker Bindings
                    K2 Public Enemy 179cm / Marker Bindings

Comment

i'm glad you're hoooked on skiboarding along with the rest of us. when a bunch of us get together at blue or mt. creek you should meet up with us, we always love to meet other die hard riders regardless of skill level or ability. we'll post dates and places when the snow starts falling.

-G

Comment

hey its great to have another skiboarder regardless of your contributation phsyically to the sport. You pass the word about how much skiboarding kicks ass, more people come here andmake our sport bigger and better. good to know we have another one on the good side. Keep rippin, and we might see you at some events
                        easy
                        Jonny W

Comment

Blue Mountain is one of the two places I went last year so trying to catch up with you guys would be cool when you have an event there. I did manage to try out the half pipe there which was pretty damn cool. I got spooked with that big jump that leads to the rail though....and bailed off the side....lol ok yeah so I wussed out... Maybe this year I'll re-gain some nads...

John
                          SBOL Team III Member
                          Icelantic Scout 143cm / Marker Bindings
                          K2 Public Enemy 179cm / Marker Bindings

Comment

John . . .
                            I live right outside philly and usually hit blue at least once a week when there's snow. it's about an hour from my job so i typically head there on the discounted weeknights right after work. once there's snow we'll have to coordinate if you are interested.
                            Langer

Comment

nice thread, I like what you are all saying and it sounds really good ...
                              I hope skiboarding will get bigger this season, so that I might not have to explain everyone what it is anymore

anyway, let's wish all the best for our sport and as long as we keep on it it will live

by the way - anyone here who wants to export some skiboarding stuff to europe ? @ greco, I would buy much more skiboarding stuff (like clothes and so on) if there would be an address without the huge shipping costs :/

and the day will come I'll be able to get to Blue Mt. or sth similiar too

c ya
                              tay

Comment

Working...
                              X