5-0s vs. weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5-0s vs. weapons

ok you all or most know im a 90 cm skiboarder and i like that size. 5-0s are 90s and weapons are 94s. i dont know if i wana change my size but what would be the better choice (im not much of a grinder)

you start by saying you like the 90cm size...so why do you want to change?

-G

Comment

does size matter?

if it's only the size that matters....
      i dunno, i used to ride 93s (shady elans), but i wanted more. so, now i'm waiting for m7
      if you want to experience the element - get out of the vehicle!

Comment

I doubt you'll see much a difference at all. I use to ride SB-10s at 99, and now i have the weapons at 94. There's really no difference except the h block, and the weapons feel more study.

Comment

maybe youre right. but let me give it a try. moreover, m7s are wider as well..
          if you want to experience the element - get out of the vehicle!

Comment

Wider's what makes the difference... Salomon 99s don't fly, BGPs do. Although I have been on 90s a few times and I noticed the difference. You really gotta come down at the right angle to stomp anything, or you're gonna fall backwards of forwards.
            ~How many snowboarders does it take to screw in a lightbulb? 10. 1 to do it, and 9 to say 'I can do that.'~

Comment

Originally posted by Greco
              you start by saying you like the 90cm size...so why do you want to change?

-G
              yes but i heard good things about weapons from everyone except 1 person

Comment

The grind plates wear down kinda fast. I wouldn't get them cause I know I'd need a new pair next season and I dont think the plates are replaceable. Aside from that they should be good. How much do you rail?
                ~How many snowboarders does it take to screw in a lightbulb? 10. 1 to do it, and 9 to say 'I can do that.'~

Comment

weapons are made for rails, so if u dont do rails, theres not much point in getting them.
                  Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

I got a pair of weapons just before last season, and the grind plates are in great shape. Actually, now they have a perfect groove worked into them. I grind more than anyone I know, and they're still holding up strong. I'd be much more worried about an edge ripping out before I'd worry about the plates wearing away.

I got a second pair for this season, that way I have one in good shape for the slopes, and another to use in the streets and try anything on. They make grinds feel a lot more smooth and natural, like a pair of skates with a nice royale groove worked into them.

Comment

yeah ive never heard anything about plates wearing away.

Comment

Eh, I remember a lot of people asking line to make some way of replacing the plates because people had just grinded them right through. Maybe I'm just imagining things because I think it's kinda a cheat way to rail. I'm a purist.

Comment

Thats the same thing one of my skier friends always tells me, that the plates are cheating. Whenever they came out, I thought that soon all aggressive skiboards would have plates like them. It just made since to me. I just thought it would be like how all aggressive skates today have h-blocks and huge soul plates. No one calls that cheating, so why would putting them on skiboards be?

Also, I heard some companies may be working on new skiboards with grind plates. Anyone got any info?

Venom? Mix Industries? maybe Cannon too? anyone know?

Comment

im convincin tibor grind plates are the way to go for canon n i made a design for summit n was sorta talking about that.

Comment

I'm not goin off on people who use plates, if it's better for you, go ahead... I just don't always grind with the same part of my ski. On my twins I like using the tips or the tails once in a while, and although I guess there isn't much point to doin the same thing on boards... I just want it to feel the same. But do whatever works for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X