snowjam 90's...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snowjam 90's...?

Just wanted to hear an opinion on these boards and the Extreme II Bindings which come with them... Does anyone ride on them? How are they in park/powder...?
    Thankyou!

i've heard they are great
    Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

and

u cant beat that price! definatly the best bang for the buck
      Fox-Trotting - Thrifty Wanderlust & Adventures

Skiboard Magazine

Comment

yeah i have them i got mine for 150 with bindings extreme two bindings, but the bindings some times piss me off. They get iced up alot so u hafta try to get it out. or else i love the boards they're awesome

Comment

I have the following boards in the house:

Snowjam 90
          Groove AF1 75
          Blade 77
          Brinten Gunderson 99

and after riding all four of them, going up to the mountains about twice a week for the last 2 years, I'd have to say the BG 99's are much better than the Snowjam 90's. They are faster, more flexible, more stable, turn better, and land easier on jumps. Riding fakie on the 99's are also easier. I don't think it has much to do with the length as it does the width of the board and the sidecut-The BG Pro's are wider and have a very deep sidecut.

The only advantage I see the 90's have over longer and wider boards is its slower acceleration. The 99's accelerate very fast-sometimes too fast.
          Snow Jam 90TT

Comment

Yeah you're right about BG's acceleration... they get flying almost immediately, it's insane. I took a while to adjust myself to them when I started on them.
            ~How many snowboarders does it take to screw in a lightbulb? 10. 1 to do it, and 9 to say 'I can do that.'~

Comment

SJ 90s

I have the 2003 SnowJam 90s with the Extreme II bindings and I love them. I just got back from a week in Colorado. I thought I should take some regular skis with me, everyone at school told me that my 'short skis' would suck out there, so I grabbed some Atomics for the trip. I used those once, and after giving up on the poles, switched to my skiboards for the rest of the week, including a trip to Vail's Blue Sky Basin.

I've found these boards to be fairly stable, they are much sturdier than the rental Salomons I learned on.

Comment

^Post #500 on this forum, congrats.
                ~How many snowboarders does it take to screw in a lightbulb? 10. 1 to do it, and 9 to say 'I can do that.'~

Comment

k the boards are great. Extreme 2 bindings are gay. they bend so easy. i overshot the same jump courtney did (as in the www.skiboardmagazine.com tagboard) and leaned back thinking id land going on the slope. but i started slowly fallin backwards n my binding front shot to as far as it can go and the metal part (seen below) bent up in the front so im screwed until my new bindings get here

Comment

Working...
                  X